Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

Bose NC700 Inconsistent reliability

I have been getting very inconsistent reliability from my new $538 CAD headphones.  I have 3 different scenarios.

1) At work in my office. 

- 2 devices, my laptop (lenovo Carbon X1), my Samsung Galaxy S9+

When using it for Zoom Conference call meetings with video and sound

- incoming audio is sometimes choppy and my microphone output is similarly choppy/cutting in and out

2) at home with my laptop/phone and PC.. if I turn my PC off and just use the two devices I have similar results to above and occasionally totally use audio

3) At home with just my pc and phone, everything is perfect

It appears as if there is either an issue with Zoom or Bluetooth.

In my office I only have 3 devices via bluetooth, nc700 and mouse and laptop

At home, I also have a Bluetooth keyboard

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Re: Bose NC700 Inconsistent reliability

Hello TallKewlOnez,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! It's unfortunate that you are experiencing difficulty with your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700, not to worry I would be more than happy to help you out today. I am a little bit unsure as to what your issue specifically is, could you explain it in a little more detail please? Does the issue occur with certain streaming apps? In the meantime, there are some simple troubleshooting steps that you can try below.

To reboot your headset:

1. Disconnect all cables from the headphones
  2. Connect one end of the USB cable to a USB-A wall charger or computer that is powered on
  3. Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the small end of the USB cable into the USB-C port on the right earcup
  4. Release the Power/Bluetooth button after 2 seconds

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

I hope this helps, I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 4, 2019

Re: Bose NC700 Inconsistent reliability

I am experiencing the same issue with Zoom. I bought these headphones for a similar use as you after returning the QC35ii over the ANC firmware issue. New Dell business class laptop, iPhone XS Max. My other bluetooth headphones do no have this problem.