Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: Bose NC700 headphones terrible call quality

I experience this problem now too. Ever since i installed the app and updated my headphones, they auto-off fairly quickly where that didnt happen before.

I think there are a lot of moving factors with my main issue listed above (bad call quality when using cisco UC lync integration softphone):

1.) Could connecting two devices at once have an effect?

2.) does the hear yourself option have an effect?

I also have a new problem since updating my firmware: I get a bitcrusher noise on some calls, which only goes away if i shut off the headphones and turn them back on. This workaround is completely unacceptable when using these for business. Hopefully bose responds to these threads soon....

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Hello all,

I am experiencing same issues during phone calls. I though it was just some cases but I can see most of the people have just this problem and not only talking, I can not hear the voice from the person calling me properly so I need to turn off and on the nch 700 to hear something.

Please Bose, do not leave this topic because we have no solution yet.

Highlighted

Hello Community, 

We are so sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the call quality of your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. We'd love some further information regarding this issue.

• Can you please inform us what services you take your phone calls on? for example Skype, Whatsapp, Teams?
  • Can you please also inform us on what devices you have tested calls and experienced this issue? Does this persist across multiple products.
  • We'd also love to hear of troubleshooting which has been attempted.  

Please let us know, we look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

Hello, Thank you for your answer.

-  I have used Facetime and Whatsapp calls.

- I have tried it on my iPhone X and from my macbook pro, receiving calls from other iPhone or Samsung.

- I've deleted all devices from the bluetooth list and from Bose app and added them back.

During the call, when I turn them off for 10-20 seconds then everything works ok for a minute or less, then start having same issues.

Everybody said they had loud noises when trying to hear my voice and also I experience "robotic" sounds when trying to hear them. Tested at home with no noise at all and in the street.

Regards.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I just opened a ticket with Bose. I just purchased the Bose 700 last week and immediately found that I cannot use them when on a Cisco WebEx conference all. The other (people on the conference) end tell me my Audio is distorted and cannot make out what I am saying. This is very bad as I use Cisco WebEx a lot for calls. I may have to return these ASAP unless there is a immediate fix. I think there is a codec issue but have not had time to troubleshoot. When I opened the ticket, Bose had me hard reset the headset. I am not sure that will fix anything.

John

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting in this thread, it's a shame that you have been experiencing issues while on calls with your Noise-Cancelling Headphones 700. This is absolutely something that I can try to get resolved for you, we can go through some troubleshooting firstly. Let's start by pushing a manual update to the headphones and clearing the paired devices list of the headphones and the device you are using. 

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Power on your headset, then press and hold the Power/Bluetooth on the right earcup for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

You can update your headphones by going to btu.Bose.com and following the on-screen instructions; you will need a computer and a USB-C cable. It would also be beneficial to test the headphones with another device to see if the call quality differs. 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I just ran the updater and now I am on version 1.2.11,

I will try calls tomorrow using WebEx can see if this issue is fixed.

John

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Hi there,

I have precisely the same robotic voice issues, even when using the latest firmware upgrade. I frequently have to restart the headphones mid-call to resolve the issue. I've had the problem when connected to a Mac, to an iPhone XS and a new iPhone 11 using WebEx, Google Hangout and calls. It's killing me.

Please fix it. Is there a way I can help by providing more information?

Regards

Tim

Highlighted

Hello Telcott, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. It would be very helpful to know exactly which fo the troubleshooting steps you have completed in this thread and the detailed results of each step. After that, if the issue persists all of the specifications and firmware details of the devices/ apps you are using would be great so we can pass them onto the development team to be researched would be great. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

Hi there,

I can confirm that I’ve previously cleared the Bluetooth device list and have also upgraded the firmware to 1.2.11. I’ve just reset everything again and will see if only being connected to a single device helps in any way. However, I do have a iPhone and an iPad to which I want to connect. 

Regards, 

Tim