cristiano.passos
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

Re: Bose NC700 headphones terrible call quality

I tried the procedure but nothing happened. 

Lejonklou
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Hi again Sam!

I have now tested my NC700 with several different phones; iPhones and Samsungs. The funny thing is that now the microphone quality seems normal. When returning to my own iPhone 11 it now sounds good. Very odd.

Maybe this indicates that a reset would have helped in the first place, if only I could have performed one. Is there any other way of resetting the NC700's? I did pre-order mine, maybe the first batch had a different reset procedure?

I'd really appreciate if there was a way of doing this, in case my call quality would go bad again.

jbowden
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I cannot use the NC700 for conference calls. When I do I get complaints that my voice is garbage.

I am going to call support and return / replace these. 

Keith_L

Hi All,

Thank you for posting and contributing to the discussion.

@Cristiano.passos, as lejonklou mentioned that connecting to other devices and then coming back to the original phone has helped them with this issue. Could you try that and see if ti helps you as well?

@info@lejonklou.com, I'm glad to hear you have got them working correctly again!

There isn't any other way to reset the headphones, it has been the same process for all of them. It's unusual that it doesn't seem to be working for a few of the users on this post.

@jbowden, As you are getting in touch with support, let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Keith

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Lejonklou
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Thank you Keith!

My question is what I do if/when it happens again. I've had two periods in which the microphone level has been very low. The first I didn't take so seriously until I confirmed it myself. Then it seemed to fix itself and I thought it was due to a firmware update that the Bose Music app did without asking me. Then it got bad again in December and now it's fine again.

I would really like to be able to reset the headphones. It seems nobody in this thread has had any success with the procedure described?

cristiano.passos
Participant
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

jbowden
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I just sent my NC700 back for exchange. I really believe the audio quality issues are design / bugs and not specific to my unit. I will see what happens when I get the replacement unit. Also, the reset procedure in this thread does not work for me. Being instructed to perform that again indicated a bug that should be addressed in the firmware. Typically resetting a device is a temporary solution to address a bug and in most cases will re-appear. I will respond back when I can report status on the replacement unit. 

Lejonklou
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

It seems I'm getting a replacement as well. Will report what happens after that.

I'm really happy with these headphones when they work as they should. Best I've ever had.

jbowden
Participant
Registered since

Oct 24, 2019

I received my replacement NC700's yesterday and after using for several calls the audio quality is still junk. I am going to contact Bose and see what the next step is. These issues are design / bugs.

Hltbrg
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

I can confirm this process to reset don't work on my device either. The behavior of the blue lamp is the same as when you plug in the USB cable while the device is powered on.

I have tried 40+ times and it still connects to my phone when I turn them on.