Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 26, 2020

Re: Concurrent Conversation

I experienced the same using this headset with Skype for Bussines call. I can't interrupt anyone because when someone is talking my mic is like muted .. I'm not sure if this is Skype or Bose fault .. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 2, 2020

Re: Bose NC700 headphones terrible call quality

I also experience issues with connection to Cisco Webex as well.  I am also experiencing issues with voice call connections using my iphone.  I have heard people say "it sounds like our speaking underwater" as well as other distortions.  This is disappointing because I spent money on a high quality pair of headphones for remote work.  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 10, 2020

I am a new user of BOSE headphones.

I bought the NC 700 HP model which seemed to be the best model on offer for 'around ear' products. After I started using them I received fairly unanimous feedback from people I spoke to that I "sounded better" when I was using my $40 generic USB headset.  That was obviously very disappointing.

Furthemore, I don't seem to be experiencing anything close to the noise cancellation magic that I thought I'd be getting with my bose headphone.

The video that really convinced me to buy these headphones was this one:

https://youtu.be/_jOaSmChvOM?t=57

It is, you can see a guy who is speaking in a very noisy environment and his voice comes out very clearly.  That is not at all what I get in terms of performance.  In fact, I seem to be getting the opposite, i.e. if I turn the water tap on, then the person I speak to immediately hears it, and apparently hears it very well (as if the noise was it was amplified rather than cancelled).

This is true even if the noise cancellation level is at 10 on my Bose Music app.

Do you know how I could troubleshoot this issue?

Former NASA Engineer, Mark Rober, shares 4 features he loves about the Bose Noise Canceling Headphones 700. Mark upgrades from the Bose QuietComfort 15 to th...
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2020

oh boy I just placed an order because I cant wait for 700UC. Reading this thread makes me wanna cancel my order.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

These worked fine for about 5 months. Now I get people complaining about my voice being muffled. It happens randomly which is even more frustrating because I don't know when people hear me well and when they don't. 

I blue-tooth into an I-phone. I paid $400 for this. It should not be an issue. 

MC  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

I have the same issue of everyone else. It sounds absolutely awful on facetime and zoom on both my mac and my iphone. Everytime I have to speak in the call I have to turn my headphones off so that they can hear me. This is a hassle turning my headphones on and off so frequently just so other people on the call can hear me. In one of my classes, my professor has even told me to no longer wear my bose700 because everything I say is so muffled and cuts out. It really sucks considering I paid $300 for them and cheap $20 headphones work better in regards to mic quality. I have found however that when I connect my bose700 to my computer using the aux cord, my classmates can hear me better. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 9, 2020

I have the same issues as described on this thread. Bose 700 is not usable for video conferencing. The mic and sound quality is not allowing to have conversation at all. Other people sound like being locked in metal can with thick walls and they also cannot hear me well. (Dontt hear 20% of my words) (The problem doesn't exist with built-in mic and other headphones). Sending them back as they are not usable.

EDIT: The problem seems to be MIC, when using headphone with laptop MIC the sound quality is back to normal but then the while advanced mic system in headphones is useless...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Yup, same issues as everyone else. Did SW update and hard reset, same issues. Customer service is great, but it doesn't help if the product is not working as advertised. Will try to sell and buy other phones.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Bose replaced my NC700 with a new pair. Excellent service!

Everything was fine for a while  - and now the problem is back. My voice sounds muffled and people can't hear what I'm saying. I get complaints and have to switch the headphones off and use the phone. When in noisy surroundings, people complain of the background noise drowning out my voice. They hear passing cars very well, but not me. In quiet surroundings, my voice is so muffled they can't hear what I'm saying even when they turn their volume up to max. Never experienced this problem with the QC35.

I would very much appreciate some advice on what to do.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Update: I deleted the NC700 from my iPhone 11 and re-connected them again. The reset procedure of the NC700 that has been described here previously doesn't work. Tried that (again), but all that happens is that the phones go into charge mode. No reset. I just reinstalled them on the phone.

Anyway, after re-connecting my NC700 to the iPhone, I made a call from my car to the person who had two days earlier not heard even half of what I said, because the sound was so terribly muffled, and this time she said my voice sounded just fine. She couldn't hear the noise from within the car, but said that she heard me clearly, but as if speaking from inside a metal chamber.

Clearly this must be a firmware issue. You need to fix this.