Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Bose NC700 - microphone not working in Windows 10 when plugged to the audio cable

Everything bluetooth seems to be working fine with my Bose NC700. (except when I have a very long meeting, sometimes, the headphones just turn off. but that's not what this is about for now)

I use Zoom meetings for my business. 

I don't like using the bluetooth tech right next to my head all day. I get a headache. 

So I plug in the audio cable. This shuts off the bluetooth. This is the principle reason I bought these headphones, for the non-bluetooth, plugged in version. 

Windows 10 registers them as connected as a headset. That works .

I can hear all audio through the different apps in Windows 10 and main sound is fine. 

In Zoom meetings, plugged in, I can hear audio, but the microphone doesn't work. 

I have two sound options both for speakers and microphone 

Realtek (R audio) or Same as system. 

neither of them works to activate the microphone. 

It's very important that I can use the microphone on the headset feature when plugged in. 

Thanks for your help. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose NC700 - microphone not working in Windows 10 when plugged to the audio cable

Hello Modan9, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

As noted in your post, Bluetooth is automatically disabled when a cable is attached. This means the microphone will not work. It is not possible to use the internal microphones in wired mode. 

An alternative solution would be to use a QC25 audio cable which features the microphone on the in-line controls. To find a QC25 cable, please visit this link. Choose your country, then search for "QC25 cable" If you are on Windows, I'd recommend the Samsung version of the cable. If you cannot find a cable, please head to the contact page and reach out to local support by phone. They'll be happy to assist! 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2020

Re: Bose NC700 - microphone not working in Windows 10 when plugged to the audio cable

Hi @Modan9,
I'm sorry if this does not answer to your question (I'm afraid you need to buy this cable) but I wanted to ask you how did you manage to make the mic work on windows 10 using the bluetooth connection.

I was not even able to make it appear as an option in the input devices list on windows 10.

Looking at other threads on the forum it seems like I am not the only one experiencing this.

Thank you

Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

I just connected the headphones to windows 10. 

they are showing up as the option for input as well as output. 

I don't think I did anything particularly fancy. 

Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

I would also like to know how to make your Microphone work with Xoom on windows 10 using NC 700.