Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Bose NC700 unreliability and failed within 2 months

Gutted at this

Since day 1 the headphones were intermittent at voice calls with my macbook pro over bluetooth (sales assistant in shop told me they would be brilliant at this.  Occasional dropouts during music playback on mac. Use with iphone for music and calls - good.

Firmware update in month 1.

More frequent music dropouts in last week from both phone and Mac. When these work they are magical, when these don't - arghh.  

My history with Bose Headphones is 

- owned a pair of much-loved QC2's from 2006-2016, with a service replacement in 2012

- QC25s 2016-2020 (still own, work perfectly)

- nc700's bought as birthday present to myself in Feb 2020 (wanted bluetooth and wire-free, plus  latest model!)

I've lost faith with Bose and the legendary bose build quality that I've been used to. Although this is logged for a return/replacement, I'd rather a refund and be able to get a product that works.  Please advise

[edited by moderator] 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Re: Bose NC700 unreliability and failed within 2 months

You're not alone bro. I just posted the same 2hr ago. Unfortunately, I cannot return mine but will be sure to warn whoever I can to keep a distance from Bose. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Well... mine are now in mid-transit to bose for "warranty replacement". No communication from bose about helping resolve the issue itself.

Hope a replacement set arrive quickly and perform better than the originals. Still gutted.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

See this post:

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/DO-NOT-BUY-THE-BOSE-700/m-p/288149#M57322

The units we bought are defective. I suggest you ask to return them