MartinNygaard1994
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 19, 2020

Bose NC700 whining noice

Hi,

about two weeks ago my google home assistance came up telling me that there was a firmware upgrade to my Bose NC700. I allowed it to update, at now it is whining periodically while NC is on (More whining is happening at higher NC level).

Can this be fixed, or can i revert back to the old firmware?

I am running firmware 1.3.1.2028.de73ce1

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose NC700 whining noice

Hi MartinNygaard1994,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about the whining noise you are hearing while using your headphones and I would be happy to help with this.

Just to clarify, when you say it is a whining noise, does this sound like it could be feedback from a microphone? If the ear cups are not securely against your head, it is possible for the microphone to pick up sound from inside the earcups and feedback when noise cancellation is active. Can we make sure the earcups are firmly against your head, with no gaps, and see if this stops the noise?

If it does not, I would recommend resetting your headphones. To do this you would need to:

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones.
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on.
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice.
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.