Highlighted
Mpaine_99
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

Bose NOC 700 call quality after hitting left noise cancelling button

Occasionally when on a call and I hit the left button to say turn down noise cancellation to hear external sound, the phone quality it terribly degraded and can only be fixed by power cycling the headphones 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Bose NOC 700 call quality after hitting left noise cancelling button

Hi Mpaine_99, 

Thanks for posting and making us aware of this issue. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would love to assist you further with this. 

Can you please answer the following questions so that I have a better understanding of your issue: 

• Does this happen when you adjust the Noise Cancelling in the app rather than by pressing the button? 
  • Does this happen across multiple devices/calls? 
  • Have you ensured the headphones are running the latest software via the Bose updater?

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Mpaine_99
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 18, 2017

So I normally don't use the app to adjust the noise cancellation when on a call eh?  I always use the hardware button... and the problem only occurs intermittently. 

When it does occur... changing the noise cancellation again does not fix the issue... (I did try that in the app and with the button).  If I power cycle the headphones the problem goes away.  Also last time when I dropped call and called back the problem also went away.

The issue does have immediately have hitting the noise cancellation button (usually turning off). 

I believe the issue has happened when doing voice call on the ipad...but cant remember... Yes I run the bose music app to update the firmware and believe it is on the latest firmware.

Kind Regards,

Matt

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @Mpaine_99 and thanks for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that the steps provided do not resolve your issue, and this requires you to reset your headset each time.

This is not the normal behaviour of these headphones, and as such I would recommend that you reach out to Bose Support directly for service.

This can be done by selecting your country/region, then navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

Please follow up when you can!

Liam W