un hombre
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Bose Nc700 - worse mic noise cancellation after last update

Hi,

I noticed one other colleague noticed the same thing so I decided to create a new topic so that information is not lost. 

Before the last firmware update, I used to have plenty of phone call conversations without any problems. 

After the update, most of the same people informed me about plenty of background noises such as cars and other street noise. 
This is a problem to the point that I can no longer have normal conversations, as people complain about environment being louder than my voice. 

It is a significant problem for me and along with the stuttering issue - makes my headphones less useful. 

Please investigate!

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Re: Bose Nc700 - worse mic noise cancellation after last update

Hey un hombre,

I'm sorry to hear you've noticed that! What firmware version are your headphones currently running on? 

Are you still using the headphones with the same device to make calls as you were prior to performing the update? If so, have you been able to test the headphones on any other devices, to see if you can replicate the problem?

What I'd recommend first is to perform a reset as shown HERE - let me know if you notice an improvement from your testing.

I'd also like to open this up to the Community, to comment if they've noticed any particular issues with microphone use since they performed the latest firmware update!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
un hombre
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Hey Sam,

I am on the 1.4.12 firmware released a month ago. 

I have a habit of almost daily conversations with family over FaceTime. I walk on busy streets, in the quiet parks and never have anyone complained about audio quality prior to this update. 

Almost immediately after the update, my family members started complaining about the street noise. 

i am using the same iPhone all the time, nothing has changed other then the firmware update for NC700. 

The headphones reset procedure does not work, I am unable to reset them using the button and connecting cable. 

PS - we have two pairs of NC700, one silver and one golden white. Deterioration of call quality by the mics has been observed on both headphones. 

The Cyclist
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

My friends are also complaining that my voice cannot be heard properly. They always say that they hear background voices more than my voice. I am aware that headphones' microphone has not the quality of a phone's microphone but I am not sure if that is the normal or not? Quite interesting.

ErnstB
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 20, 2020