harvard3athlete
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Bose Noise Cancelling 700 - no sound coming out of left ear with computer bluetooth connection

I bought these about 2 months ago. Today only the right side was working when I linked my computer to my headphones.

Both sides work when I connect it to my phone.

Both sides work when I plug in the cable to my computer.

Why is only the right side only working when I use the Bluetooth to my computer? Please assist, thank you! 

Andrés 

5 REPLIES 5
Sam_F

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling 700 - no sound coming out of left ear with computer bluetooth connection

Hey @harvard3athlete,

That sounds quite strange! Could you confirm what computer you're trying to use the headphones with? Were you able to clear the pairing list on the headphones and the computer, and then try to re-connect?

Alternatively, do you have any other Bluetooth headphones you could try testing with the computer to see if they're experiencing the same audio issue?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
harvard3athlete
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling 700 - no sound coming out of left ear with computer bluetooth connection

I tried connecting my bose sport and they work just fine with my computer. What can I do next??

NBose
Participant
Registered since

Apr 30, 2020

For some reason, the Bose headphones switch the audio on macs to be "balanced" to one side. Go to system preferences/sound/ and make sure the "balance" slider is set to the middle. I downloaded an app called Balance Lock by tunabelly software which will correct the imbalance automatically as the headphones seem to change this setting at least once a week for me. 

Good Luck!

harvard3athlete
Participant
Registered since

Apr 25, 2020

Thank you so much, that totally worked!

-Andrés

ajpalmsXX
Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2020

I had the same problem, and it was in fact the audio output balance set to the far right...strange. Thanks for the info!