Highlighted
w_st
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 Not Charging

Hi,

I have had my 700's for over 2 weeks now, and my headphones are not charging. They show the flashing white light, but it remains the same battery as before. I have tried btu.bose.com, and it says my headphones are up to date. I don't know if the problem is how I am charging it. This is the only problem I have, everything else is working perfectly.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 Not Charging

Hello w_st,

Thanks for reaching out to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues charging your Noise Cancelling Headphones 700. I'd love to help you today. 

Can you kindly confirm: 

- Are you using the original USB cable? 

- What are you plugging the USB cable in to charge? Is it going into a computer, usb dock or a smartphone charger?

- Have you tried using other chargers? 

I'll look forward to your response. If anyone else has had similar issues and found a solution, please feel free to join in the discussion. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support 

w_st
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Hi Jeff_G, 

I have been using the original cable that was in the case. When I am using my computer, I will plug the headphones into that. If I am going to sleep that night, I will plug it into the wall. It correctly shows the white LED light flashing while charging, and the white LED when 'fully charged', but nothing happens. For example, I have checked the battery before I plug them in, and it says 17 hrs. When I get them the next day, it will say 17 hrs. I don't know if it is a headphone problem or wire problem, but nothing seems to work. I have also tried https://btu.bose.com/, but it says I am up to date.

Thanks,

w_st

Hi w_st, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I appreciate you sharing this information with us! 

Can you please attempt charging the headphones via the USB wire provided with the headphones into a USB plug to see if this changes this issue at all as it may be that the PC's USB port isn't powerful enough to correctly charge the headphones. I would also like you to attempt to power the headphones on once finished charging then off and on again to see if they then report the correct power, as I have seen another user on the community resolve this via this step. 

I would also like you to attempt to perform a standard reset on the headphones by: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth® button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B