cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parashj
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2019

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - USB C audio?

The Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 have USB C port for quick charging, but does it also allow listening to music over that? I have a usb C port on my phone that supports audio out, I was wondering if I can use the USB port on the headphone as input port instead of the 2.5mm aux.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 - USB C audio?

Author Accepted Answer selected by parashj

Hi Parashj, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. USB C is only for charging and doesn't support audio. 

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please do reach back out. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by parashj

Hi Parashj, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. USB C is only for charging and doesn't support audio. 

I hope this helps and if you have any other questions please do reach back out. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Tundrok
Participant
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

I don't want to be rude, but does Bose understand how ridiculous this is? It's 2019 and USB-C is now THE standard and other USB-C headsets on the market support audio over USB-C. 

Is there any possibility of the device supporting audio over USB-C going forward? Since headphone jacks are removed from every flagship phone going forward, this is crippling. At this point I'll be returning my headset becuase there is no reasonable solution for listening to music on my phone via direct wire. Don't toss out the ridiculous notion of a USB-C headphone adapter.

BreezyNinja
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2019

+1. Please add this to your product improvement backlog. Not being able to use a USB-C cable for “data” or “music” or “calls” totally negates my ability to use these amazing headphones with my business laptop.  I will be taking these back within 24 hours (sorry Best Buy).

6 years ago I was first to buy $200 Jabra business headphones at my large 10K+ company campus.  My boss said these are 5x more expensive than our tradition headsets.  No matter. Within 2 years... 3000 pairs had swept across the org.  These are amazing, light, and super addictive. Great for business calls. But I’m not going to be the trend setter unless these get retooled to work over USB-C or with a non-Bluetooth dongle.  Sorry. 

HansC
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

NC 700 Firmware upgrade for using audio over USB?

As answered in https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones-700-USB-C-au... USB is only for charging.

Is this a hardware limitation or could a new firmware add support for audio over USB?

I can attest to the issues with audio over bluetooth as described on https://www.howtogeek.com/354321/why-bluetooth-headsets-are-terrible-on-windows-pcs/

I am on WIndows 10 and bluetooth. The recording quality of the NC 700 is excellent. The audio output quality too. But they're not happening at the same time, which of course makes conferencing impossible. When using Skype for Business, my microphone was working and the others could hear me, but I couldn't hear anything.

The linked article suggests that the output device could be changed, to allow simultaneous output and input at the cost of reduced quality. However, there is only one output device available for the NC 700, "Headphones (Bose NC 700 Head stereo)", accompanied by one input device, "Headset (Bose NC 700 Head Hands-Free).

Vicky_W

Re: NC 700 Firmware upgrade for using audio over USB?

Hello HansC, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry but this is not a feature of the headphones and I cannot guarantee that it would be implemented. 

We have passed this on as a feature request but have not heard back. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Kind Regards,

Vicky W 

lynxstep
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Hi all, 

Could you please give us an update on this issue?

Is this a hardware limitation or firmware limitation that can be solved?

The question is not difficult to answer.

Disappointing for a 330€ headphones

Thanks for your reply

k1ee
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2021

Hi,

Anything new from your developers?