cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spaxii
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are NOT meant for gaming or voicecalls via discord !!!

These headphones will not work if you are for example trying to play a game and hop in a discord voicecall with your friends at the same time .

Wierd right ? Well nothing you can really do sadly , been looking for a solution for the past couple days but there was nothing to be found .

So im just going to buy a new extra mic !

12 REPLIES 12
MatsL
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are NOT meant for gaming or voicecalls via discord !!!

Hi!

That's most likely due to bluetooth limitation, you can't play stereo sound and have mic functioning at the same time. Sucks I know but sadly that's the case with all bluetooth headsets.

Try using the audio cable to connect the headset to the computer, at least my quiet comfort 35 have it and it will then not use bluetooth so stereo sound should work with the mic at the same time.

Another option is to change so that you use Hands-Free AG Audio connection instead of Stereo in Windows audio settings but that will make the audio play in mono with really poor quality.

spaxii
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Re: Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700 are NOT meant for gaming or voicecalls via discord !!!

Yeah so pretty much when you plug in the wire the Bluetooth gets rurn off automatically.

dylanSTUDIO
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

I have the Bose QC35 I, QC35 II, and I recently exchanged my Sony WHMX1000 for the Bose 700 too. And, I have to disagree because I completely stopped using my previous gaming headphones after using the QC35 I while playing FPS games. QC35 II sounded better but the 700 sound the best, even more so than the Sony headphones. I have my headphones connected using the 2.5mm to 3.5mm AUX cable and I also make sure to have my headphones turned on; and doing this, I have had no problems using Discord, Mumble, Teamspeak, and playing my games.

Bigkev
Participant
Registered since

Jul 29, 2020

Hey, Ive been thinking about getting the 700 and this is my primary concern, when connected to pc with the aux I thought the inbuilt micrphone turned off, did they fix this?

hashie5
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

I can't tell where the sound is coming from in games with the 700. Do you have any special settings? 

For example cod warzone you hear the chests buzzing, but I don't know where they are while with other headsets you can clearly locate them just by going with the sound.

hashie5
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2020

I haven't been able to turn on the microphone when the aux is inserted. I can't use this headset for gaming and I can't find any info about it.

doubleaballer
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2020

Hey there, 

Actually just got mine to work. What I did is I bought a Bluetooth USB device and connected my headphones that way. I think you gotta have noise cancellation on for them to work with gaming and talking at the same time

Oksleq8
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

well for me it works fine with locating enemies, btw i play overwatch, my windows setting is default for the headphone.

i have 2 razer headsets and one hyper x cloud flight headset best one is the bose 700 in my opinion.

returnedBose700
Participant
Registered since

Oct 4, 2020

Thanks. This is the reason I'm returning my set. Hopefully a $400 head set would be more well rounded soon.