Highlighted
markow202
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

Bose OE Wireless vs Around Ear Soundlink II (I have both)

Hi there,

Big fan of Bose here.  I have two sets of headphones, the BOSE OE Wireless and the Around Ear Soundlink.

I must say (to my ears) the OE wireless headset sound phenominal.  Beautiful hi-fidelity, rich sound with impactful bass which to me is proper Bose sound.   The Around ear im left very dissapointed especially if involved in a transit commute situation.

These around- ear have a echoed harsh sound I find with little to no bass unless youre at full volume.  My settings on my iphone XR via bluetooth are at such....FLAT.  

Why is there such a difference in the sound between the two?  I cant come close to comparing them.  The little OE's have a very powerful bass sound meanwhile these big around-ears are very tinny.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bose OE Wireless vs Around Ear Soundlink II (I have both)

Hi Markow202, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed by the performance of the SoundLink Around-ear II. I'll see what I can do!

Do you use the same source device to play on both headphones? 

Are you using the same Music Source?

I would recommend updating the headphone. I have included the LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

markow202
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

All the same source.  Bluetooth via iPhone XR and Spotify.  The headphones work as should but to my ears,  there nor enough bass whatsoever or fidelity.  My question is, is this due to the design of the around ear vs on ear in regards to bass mostly? 

markow202
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2017

The most recent headphone update seems to have improved the bass slightly or is this a placebo effect on my part?  Has an EQ change been implemented at all, Bose?

Hello markow202,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I can confirm that there were no changes to EQ in the last update. We can continue with troubleshooting to try to get this resolved for you, let's try a product reset and clear the pairing list of the headphones and on your iPhone. 

To reset your product:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

To clear the product memory of connected Bluetooth® devices:

1. Power on your product
  2. Slide the Power switch up to the Bluetooth symbol and hold it until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C