Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Bose Q700 Bluetooth connect to Dell Latitude Laptop

I cannot get my bluetooth to connect to my laptop. It shows as "paired" in laptop, but does not connect nor play unless plugged in through cord. Has anybody experienced this issue? Please help! Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose Q700 Bluetooth connect to Dell Latitude Laptop

Hi jaimelevy825,

Welcome to the community! I would be happy to help you get your headphones up and running with your laptop!

The first thing you will want to make sure is that you have the headphones selected as the audio output device while they are paired with the laptop. To do this, what you would want to do is:

• Click the "Start" button on the lower-left corner of the screen
  • Click "Control Panel"
  • In the Control Panel, click "Hardware and Sound"
  • In the Hardware and Sound menu, click "Manage audio devices"
  • In the "Playback" tab, highlight the Bluetooth® device
  • Once the Bluetooth device is selected, click "Set Default"
  • If you made any changes, click "Apply," and then click "OK" to close the window

You can also check out our handy guide for using Bluetooth headphones with computers HERE for some other tips and tricks!

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Re: Bose Q700 Bluetooth connect

The Q700 cannot, under any condition, be connected to 2 devices at the same time. Every time I am connected to iPhone and computer, it will disconnect and connect from iPhone continuously. Never fails to do that! I have to disconnect from one of the two devices every single time. A bit upsetting given the $ I paid for these, and the promise that it would work with two devices.

Thanks for coming back to us Jaimelevy825. 

Did the troubleshooting provided by @Keith_L help? 

I would also recommend that you try updating the firmware on your headphones. I have included the LINK HERE to help you with this. 

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Yes, Keith's instructions did help. As far a connection issue, I do have the Bose Music app, which should update the headphones every time an update is available. With that being said, the headphones are still not working accurately. It constantly disconnects from iPhone when connected to computer. 

Do you propose any other solutions?

JJL

Sorry to hear this Jamie! 

Let's also go ahead and perform a reset on the earbuds, to do this please follow these steps below: 

• Disconnect all cables from your headphones
  • Connect the larger end of the USB charging cable to a wall charger or a computer that is powered on
  • On the headphones, press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button while connecting the smaller end of the USB cable to the right earcup. The Power LED should quickly blink twice
  • Once connected, release the Power/Bluetooth button after two seconds.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the result of the reset.