Replaced battery, but still nothing.
worked great up until it didn’t 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC 10 stopped working.

Author Accepted Answer selected by davefielder

Thanks for confirming this Dave. 

Can you please let us know where you purchased this headset as this serial number is for a Wave Music System?

The QC15's serial number is located inside the right earcup, at the back of the earcup. It is not necessary to remove the earcup cushion or the scrim to see this serial number. (Please don't post this onto the Community) If you enter the serial number into the link above this will provide you with the exact model you have. 

We look forward to your reply. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Hey Davefielder, 

Thanks for posting, I would love to help.

I am sorry but we did not manufacture a QuietComfort 10. We have made QC2/3/15/20/25/30 and 35. 

Could you please type your serial number into here and let me know which headphones you have? This will allow me to help further!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

actually now that I look on the inside of the unit, I see where it says QC-15. As for the s/n, I see this # on the inside of the earpiece, not sure if it is the # you are asking for (Removed by moderator) 

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by davefielder

Thanks for confirming this Dave. 

Can you please let us know where you purchased this headset as this serial number is for a Wave Music System?

The QC15's serial number is located inside the right earcup, at the back of the earcup. It is not necessary to remove the earcup cushion or the scrim to see this serial number. (Please don't post this onto the Community) If you enter the serial number into the link above this will provide you with the exact model you have. 

We look forward to your reply. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

I purchased the headphones at the Bose outlet in Oregon, just south of Portland.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

I’m still having the same problem with my QC15, ant help would be appreciated 

Highlighted

Hi Dave, 

What aspect of the headphones are not working? Noise-cancelling, audio or both?

If you find that audio works but you have no active noise cancelling (ANC), this is likely to be that the headphones are not receiving power from the batteries. Try a new set of batteries and if this doesn't work, check the battery terminal in on the headphones. There may be corrosion on the contacts preventing power from transferring from the battery. You can find instructions for removing corrosion from battery terminals online. 

If you find ANC works, but there's no audio, then this could be a problem with the audio cable. Check to ensure it's fully inserted into the audio port on the headphones and the audio device. Test the headphones with other devices if you can. Does the problem persist? The audio cable may need replacing. Contact local support to seek a replacement here.

Are you having no ANC and no audio? The earcups may be faulty and I would recommend service. Contact your local support team via the link I provided earlier to seek service.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

They just stopped working completely, I tried new batteries, but still nothing. I will check for corrosion and let you know. Thanks

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2020

I have checked and found no corrosion, and there are no broken wires. What now?

Highlighted

Thanks for updating us on this Dave. 

As the issue still persists, I would recommend exploring service options for your headset. Please reach out to Bose customer support in your region via this link here