Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Bose QC 35 2- can't hear multiple things

Hey,

I have few problems:

1. My headphones are connected to my computer, when I'm hearing spotify\youtube\anything else I'm hearing only this and couldn't here something else at the same time.

For example: whatsapp web voice message and youtube.

I tried to do a conference in zoom, and then play youtube, and the zoom got quit. When I paused the youtube video, zoom returned.

2. When my headphones are connected to both my computer and smartphone I can here only one of them at the same time.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 2- can't hear multiple things

Any news?

Highlighted

Hi sys22, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

The QC35 II, like other Bluetooth-based headphones, uses different Bluetooth profiles to communicate audio transmission. Music uses A2DP, whereas notifications, voice recordings, audio calls, etc use HSP or HFP. It is not possible to have both profiles playing simultaneously. 

I hope this helps. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

I agree it's impossible to play the two profiles at the same time

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 24, 2020

What do you mean by 2 profiles?

If I'm connected to my computer I can't here both Spotify and Whatsapp web at the same time for example.

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching back out to us @sys22

The profiles being referred too are Bluetooth profiles, which can't be active at the same time. For example, you are only able to use one source of audio at a time you won't be able to stream music via Spotify while taking Whatsapp calls as the audio will be prioritized and play the source you began to stream last. 

If you have any further questions, please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

I've had the QC35's for longer than a year, this is by all accounts an issue with each update, the discussions promptly load up with objections of debased NC execution following an update. Not certain if there's legitimacy but rather additionally concur with the essayist, such a large number of client whining to just get over them.

Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@rajubhaiya 

> If I'm connected to my computer I can't here both Spotify and Whatsapp web at the same time for

>example.

(I don't work for Bose)

Bluetooth is a communications standard which defines 'protocols' that allow Bluetooth compliant hardware and hence two BT devices to communicate with each other.  On top of the BT hardware is a protocol called a "profile" which is a collection of routines and actions that support that protocol 'layer'.  There are many 'protocol's that can co-exist or operate at the same time, but then there are others that do not.  The two that would be relevant to you here is the profile/protocol that defines how to communicate a stereo/audio stream known as A2DS and the profile/protocol that defines how to conduct a phone call over the Internet also known as Voice Over IP (VOIP) - that profile is defined as HFP.  A2DS and HFP by the agreed standard can not be done at the same time.

Spotify is a stereo streaming application and uses A2DS and Whatsapp is a VOIP application and uses HFP and that is why the two can not be active at the same time.

Bose does not by itself control the standard.  The current Bose devices like the QC35ii are designed to be compliant with BT standard 4.x - a standard created and supported by many vendors for years - first proposed in 2010.  For Bose devices to successfully communicate with another 4.x device like your computer, they must totally adhere to the standard (i.e., they support it - they did not by themselves define it - it was a consortium of perhaps hundreds if not more companies).  That is why the QC35ii will stop playing spotify when you initiate a phone conversation / VOIP app like Whatsapp.

For more information on Bluetooth check out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth