Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 Bluetooth indicator light won't shut off

@pvaI do not work for Bose -  see my responses in messages 22 and 27.  Over a year ago, Bose responded in this community that the problem could not be fixed by firmware.  IMHO as a lurker here as you are, I don't expect Bose to respond any more on this issue in this community.  There is nothing else they could say since they don't recall and will not 'admit' the problem is hardware though we all know it is slipping contacts.

Other than living with the problem, you really only have two solutions - fix it yourself or call their phone support and work something out for an exchange.

CoolJoe
Participant
Registered since

Apr 23, 2021

Re: Bose QC 35 Bluetooth indicator light won't shut off

***SOLUTION***

I started having this happen a couple months ago and just came across this tread, which eventually led me to this other thread on this topic: https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/REPLACEMENT-ON-OFF-SWITCH-FOR-QC35/td-p/53865...

and the conclusion is that you have to contact Bose support for your country and they will replace your faulty headset with a new one.  I was a bit skeptical, but I can confirm that I just did that they are going to send me a replacement!  It took about 30 minutes because I had to set up an account, give them the S/N, etc., but there were no issues.  They will send a shipping label for me to return my current headset and then will ship me a new one, all free of charge.

I could not be happier with the outcome.  Thanks BOSE!

BungleBonce
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2021

QC35 White Light Remains On With Headphones Turned Off

Hello. I have a pair of QC35 headphones that I love. I pair them with an iPhone 11, iPad Pro 9.7 and a Windows 10 PC. They worked flawlessly until yesterday. The white light remains on even when they are turned off. There is also a slight buzz in the right ear. I contacted Bose in Australia and the troubleshooting steps did not work. They told me I could buy a new pair of QC35ii for A$329. When I expressed surprise, they offered me a 20% discount.

Does anyone have any advice or a fix? I don't expect a handout given these are now 2 1/2 years old, but this has left me very unhappy.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: QC35 White Light Remains On With Headphones Turned Off

@BungleBonce(I do not work for Bose)

see #22, #27 and #31.

1. here and elsewhere there are DIY instructions to fix

2. to get a free exchange you need to be diligent and keep calling back and escalating explaining you are part of a larger class of faulty devices.  Users here say if you do it long enough, you will eventually get a rep would will do it 'this one time'.

Keep in mind the problem is slipping contacts in the on/off switch.  There is no other fix or workaround other than the DIY procedure.

BungleBonce
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2021

Thank you. I didn't realise this was the same issue but it's obvious now! Appreciate the reply.

BungleBonce
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2021

Update: Bose sent me a free replacement. Great customer service in the end.

I spoke with three people at the help centre. The first offered me a 20% discount on a new pair; the second offered me a 15% discount; the third offered me no discount. So I decided to try find a Bose-recommended repair service only to find they do it themselves. I filled in the link, got a free postage label, and sent my headphones off for assessment. A little more than a week later, I got a free replacement. 

Below is the link for anyone interested. This is Australia, but I assume there are similar services in other regions.

https://www.bose.com.au/en_au/support/self_service/service_and_repair_request.html