Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tegan_M

Re: Bose QC 35 Bluetooth indicator light won't shut off

Hello Tclark0107, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing some power issues with your QuietComfort 35 Headphones. 

If you have attempted all the troubleshooting provided in this thread, I would recommend that you reach out to your regions Bose product support team for further assistance. Please follow this link, select your region and scroll down to "Contact Us". There you will find the appropriate contact information and an agent will be happy to do what they can to assist you with this matter.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Flyhing
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2020

I had the same problem and it is the switch that's faulty. I cured mine by spraying WD40 on to the switch the repeatedly switched on and off, it took a while but eventually switched off. By repeating the on/off many times more over the next few days it now nearly always stays off after a couple of flicks.

sportsfan6765
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I had similar issue with my headphones not shutting off and updating the firmware fixed the problem.

rmarshall1
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

I've tried all the fixes, nothing works. I've got an idea, why not be able to go to the Bose store and they do one of the suggested quick fixes for me. I'll bet I have ten Bose products at my house but that's coming to an end. 

Gary P
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2020

TEMPORARY FIX! The problem will come back, but the Bose can easily be turned off and it will stay off for several use cycles.
#1 Place the switch in the middle ON position.
#2 Plug the Bose into a USB wall charger.
#3 Wait a few seconds and unplug the USB cable from the Bose.
#4 Turn switch to OFF position and it will stay off.
#5 To turn the Bose back on you will need to push the switch past the ON position to the PARING position. Don't hold it there unless you actually want to pair.

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@rmarshall1This is a known hardware issue as shared here in and in many other threads in this forum - the longest of which has DIY instructions with pictures (I believe it is also available on Reddit).

As you can see, there is a hardware issue with the on/off switch which is slipping cuasing it to turn on by itself.  The WD40 approach may or may not work depending on how much it has slipped.  This is a known issue to Bose which at some point last year verified it was hardware (though they themselves did not detail the issue though everyone here knows...).  There is no other workaround.  Firmware or resetting things will not fix it.  It's hardware.

If you don't want to fix it yourself, your only other option is to call Bose and arrange for an exchange.  Now if you are out of warrantee - they will ask you to pay.  Refuse.  You will need to go through a 'dance'.  You will tell them what you have done and that your part of a larger group of QC35s that have the known problem with the on/off switch.  If they still insist on money, call back and keep doing so escalating to a supervisor if necessary.  If you are persistent as people share here, you will eventually arrange a free exchange.

hhcamera
Participant
Registered since

Feb 27, 2020

I had the same problem...  went through all the same things with tech support and nothing.

Just setting on the table with nothing around them they would turn on and run the battery dead.

Repeatedly turning them on and off seems to help some, I think the case is too tight and presses hard enough to damage the on and off switch over time.

With a problem that seems to be prevalent you would hope that a fix would be in order. Granted my headsets are out of warranty but not that far, the only fix is to pay $226.50 for a replacement set. I'm happy for a reduced price but I'm loosing faith in the product. This is the second time I've had to replace headphones... at least offer an extended warranty program.

I'm a big fan of the product. I've found nothing better... as long as it works.

Oredka
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2020

Have the same issue with QC35 for the past few days, tried everything and it did not work. Have 2 ideas on the issue:

1) they force us to buy Bose 700 intentionally putting this bug into the firmware

2) they will release new firmware which is going to fix this

keithkeith504
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2020

I’m so fed up with Bose’s junk software.

I will never buy another Bose device.

rmarshall1
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 11, 2017

I'm so tired of this happening, I think it's the switch but who knows. I've got an idea, why cant we take it to the Bose store, have them fix it and charge a fee. Is that too much to ask when it comes to a $350 set of headphones? Or, is it too far out of the box to even consider. I'm tired of Bose products..