Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monakuima72
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 Bluetooth indicator light won't shut off

Bose QC 35 Bluetooth is not turning off. Used various suggestions from this forum https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-Bluetooth-indicator-light-won-t-sh... but nothing works.

Time for me switch to some other brand. This is so annoying. BOSE brand is definitively not reliable. I was a huge fan of BOSE and my loyalty to BOSE is coming to end 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

This is a known hardware problem - the contacts of the on/off switch are slipping.  There is no workaround or troubleshooting.

1. Either you can go to youtube or reddit and find the entries that describe a DIY solution (you need to open up the QC35 and fix it yourself) or

2. You call Bose and get an exchange.  They don't normally offer a free exchange out of warranty.  But as you can read in the Qc35 won't turn off post below, you may need to call back multiple times and possibly escalate and explain you are part of a larger class of faulty headphones.  With some persistence, you will eventually get a free exchange.  Pretty much everyone posting about it here has verified that.

Gjlight
Participant
Registered since

May 28, 2020

This does not work and the link provided is useless.  I paid a lot of money for these headphones and not that I need some support there is nothing.

denhen75
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Same gripe here! I paid a lot of money for these headphone two years ago, now the power issue happens and I am expected to pay money to upgrade? What?! I have headphones from the 80's that still work that I bought for $10. I have headphones I got from JetBlue 5 years ago that still work, but my $300 Bose headphone crap out in two years?! No way would I ever pay another cent to this company. Shame on them!!

Adamsjessup
Participant
Registered since

Jun 14, 2020

Hi

i am in the same Category of people

contacting Bose seems to be extremely difficult

do you have an email for customer services?

Khadka ganesh
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

i have same problem too and i can't fix this problem,i tried to many time,can you please help me to solve this problem ? 

joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@Adamsjessup @Khadka ganesh This is a known hardware issue - goes back to 2018.  Bose has said it is not fixable via firmware.  We all know that problem is that the contacts in the on/off switch are slipping.  There is a post here and information around the Internet showing (text and pics) how to fix it yourself.  Bose will only offer a discount out of warranty (very little) for an exchange when you first call.  I highly suspect you will get nowhere via email.  Its all about persistence.  You need to keep calling back and escalating and then call them back.  Perhaps many many times.  People here report that eventually you will get a rep that says "just this one time" and will give you a free exchange.  But you must invest much time and effort perhaps to get there.

These are your only two options - DIY or exchange.  There is NO workaround.

nelnic
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

I was having the same issue and the only way I was able to fix the problem was by following these instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LjH57o_hLA&t=140s

Make sure the headphones are completely off, meaning the battery is drained before attempting this video.If this method does not work for you, then try this ...
AsM199
Participant
Registered since

Dec 6, 2018

I havRe: Bose QC 35 Bluetooth indicator light won't shut off

I have the same problem, I got mines in August 2017, and they started malfunctioning on late 2018. Bose does not want to aknowledge that they sold a product that does not work correctly so they keep responding that this is "unusual". Bose you need to solve this by exchanging the product for a new one, or giving back the money, we spent over 300 usd in this headphones, we need a solution. After this I have not purchased any Bose product and discourage people from buying their products. Terrible product, terrible customer service, terrible company.

pva
Participant
Registered since

Nov 27, 2020

Same issue, 16 months into use and no resolution from Bose given the 100+ page threads about the issue. Sounds ridiculous for a high-end product.