Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

Bose QC 35 Driver Error Windows 10

There is a driver error on my windows 10 Dell Laptop that just started. I've tried uninstalling all of the drivers and reinstalling them but still hasn't fixed the issue. 

Driver Error.png

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Bose QC 35 Driver Error Windows 10

Hello Mikinator1, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to see that you have run into difficulties when connecting your headphones to your computer. I would love to assist you. To start with I would ask that you try the following to resolve your issue:

• Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  • Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.
  • Clear the Bluetooth pairing list on the computer and on the headphones. To remove the headphones from your computer please click 'Remove Device'. To clear the Bluetooth list on the headphones please hold Bluetooth button for 10 seconds or until you hear device list cleared. 
  • Check for any Windows updates needed on your computer. 

Please let me know how you get on with the steps and if you need any further assistance. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

I updated the Bose headphones and did all as was stated above. I'm still encountering the issue of driver error. Even after resetting the Bose headphones, clearing the pairing list and removing the device.

Hi Mikinator1,

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this issue, I apologise that this issue persists. 

I would next recommend in performing a power cycle of your laptop. 

Following this, I would ensure that no other Bluetooth signals are active whilst trying to connect your headphones. 

Can you also confirm whether or not your headphones will connect to other Bluetooth devices also?

Please let us know!

Tegan M 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Same error after windows 10 update!!

Hello MM7, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry to see that you are still running into difficulties when connecting your headphones to your computer.

Can I please ask, have you spoken with Microsoft about these issues and have they suggested anything as they would be able to advise specific issues relating to the drivers of your computer? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Aug 23, 2019

I performed a power cycle and it's still the same issue. The device works on my phone via bluetooth.

Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Here is what I would suggest next which often works for me (though I have a Dell Precision M4800 using Win 7/64 and not 10).

1. Find out the name of the vendor who supplies your BT.  My Precision uses a small combined wifi/BT card manufactured by Intel

2. Go to the vendor site and grab the latest BT drivers - do NOT get the drivers from the Dell site.

3. Totally uninstall the BT driver (I recommend doing so with the free version of Revo Uninstaller which gets rid of all residual registry and file entities)

4. Reboot

5. Get rid of / delete all entries for the Dell from any device - Bose, phone, etc.

6. Reinstall the BT driver and re-pair.

If that still does not work:

1. Try uninstalling completely again and use an older version of the BT driver if you can get your hands on it

2. You may have a conflict with a recent windows update and may want to consider uninstalling say the last two years of updates to see if that helps.

Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

In my case, it helped, I had outdated both headPhones and system

Participant
Registered since

Oct 5, 2020

Still not working. Removing from the bluetooth list failed. I shouldn't need to reconfigure my laptop just to get an expensive set of headphones to work.