Highlighted
crodonne
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Bose QC 35 Headphones won't connect after ios 13 update

After I updated to ios13, I went to connect my headphones, and while the headphones are visible in the Bose Connect app -- they simply won't pair. 

I was able to connect to my sound link mini, as well as other Bluetooth devices. 

I tried to reset the device paired with the headphones, but never hear the "device list cleared" prompt. The headphones will connect to other devices, but not the darn headphones. 

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bose QC 35 Headphones won't connect after ios 13 update

Author Accepted Answer selected by crodonne

Hello Crodonne, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us. 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

7 REPLIES 7
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Well it's not a global issue.  I have a QC35ii and have gone through all the upgrades on my iPhone 7+ - 13, 13.1, 13.1.1 and 13.1.2.  And it works perfectly fine.  In fact I have been making phone calls with it all afternoon.

So unless it is your specific model of the iphone (and others with the same model have the same problem), then you need to start all over again at ground zero.  Get rid of all pairings listed in Connect and your iphone (you may have to do so for all Bose devices).  Then clear the QC35ii pairing list and factory reset your QC35ii (Bose instructions for reset below):

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.
crodonne
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

So I tried to do that, and no luck. The odd thing happening is that I cannot clear the pairing list on the headphones, so I am wondering if there is an issue with the headphones themselves. 

The headphones can pair to other devices, my phone can pair with other Bluetooth items, everything on my phone and headphones have been reset/rebooted, and still, it can't connect. 

I wish there was a way to hard reset the headphones from the app? 

Hi Crodonne, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Thank you @joelirwin for providing this thread with the reset instructions and a little information regarding your set of headphones. You should be able to clear the pairing list via: 

• Power on your headset
  • Slide the Power switch to the Bluetooth icon and hold it for 10 seconds until you hear the Bluetooth device list cleared.

Or via the Bose Connect App > Click the Bluetooth Icon > Connections > Edit > Click the X and Disconnect and remove the device from the list. I would also recommend that you ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Online Updater via connecting the headphones to your PC and following the on-screen instructions. 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this! If any other community members have also experienced this and resolve the issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

crodonne
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Hector, 

Thanks for getting back to me. I went ahead and updated the headphones, and then performed the power cycle of the headphones. 

I think the bigger issue is that I cannot clear the headphone pairing list. Despite following the instructions, I never hear the "device list cleared" prompt. I also don't see a Bluetooth icon in the bose connect app to clear the device list. 

The strangest thing is that the headphones will appear in the app when I power them on, but the connection fails. They do not appear in my Bluetooth device list in the ios settings app.

Are there any other avenues I should try? 

Author Accepted Answer selected by crodonne

Hello Crodonne, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us. 

I am so sorry you are having this issue. As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

MOvert94
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 18, 2017

Hi,

Is there any further update on this since? I am experiencing exactly the same issue as described here and none of the proposed solutions are solving the issue...

Thanks in advance.

crodonne
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 3, 2019

Update:

After working with customer service, it was determined that the issue could not be resolved over the phone. My headphones were replaced with a new pair. I would call the customer service line and see what they can do for you.