Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 II - At high volume Crackling and popping sound occurs

Hi drgaurav,

I'm so sorry to hear that and I can only wish you good luck.

As with my units (not 1 unit, 3 units I tested!!!), I had no support from both Bose community forum nor Bose local supplier/dealer/service centers. Forum moderaters just copy paste a general message when a customer posts a issue with there units.

I was left with a unit which was unbearable to listen with.

Only choice I had was to resell it for a cheaper price. I lost a good sum of money and time due to this headset.

I will no longer believe that Bose is a good genuine company nor I will promote their brand or any sort of product as for the utter disgusting support I received.

Diehard fans of Bose, I can only feel sorry for you all!!!

I'm sticking with Sony, I should have!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Hi Snapp,

Exatctly!!!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

Hi  sushant dass

Good luck waiting for a firmware update from Bose.

Coz it's not a firmware issue rather it's a hardware issue.

so best thing for yuo to do is to return and get a refund or exchange it for a Sony.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

I am posting because today i download firmware 4.5.2 and Bose i think are aware and tried to solve this issue. It is almost fixed for me, i still heard it in a song but it's much rarer and less of an issue now. Can anyone else test it and share their experiance

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 25, 2019

I’m facing the same issue and going to return the item to the store. I have Soundlink around ear 2 and works perfectly with high volume. Went for an update with QC35 and got badly disappointed.

Highlighted

Hello Ishamraazi, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues relating to crackling/popping sounds. This certainly should not be happening and I can appreciate how this must be frustrating for you. 

If you haven't already, please try the suggested troubleshooting found above, and failing this, please feel free to reach out to support in your country here. If you are still within your product's return period, please reach out to the point of sale as they may be able to assist with refund/exchange faster. 

If you have any further questions, I am happy to assist. Please feel free to get back in touch. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Hi,

I have the same issue with a brand new QC 35 II, i handed it over to service after 3 days of using it, 

You want my honest opinion?

I have the QC25 and now already in service QC 35 II,

My QC 25 is much better than the QC 35 both in sound and ANC, no sound issues at all at any volume, i recommend only getting the QC25 and buying the Bluetooth adapter for it, you can't go wrong.

Very disappointed of the QC35 II - i waited a long time for them, should have gone with Sony's or stay with QC 25 alone

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

my problem is different, im having crackling and popping at any volume on my QC35 headphones, and its so bad i can't hear the audio thats being played. my headphones are almost a year old tho but i've been having the problem since the day i got them. i had another issue but they couldn't figure out why it's happening.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

This is quite disappointing. So in short; people have been complaining about this issue for around 2 years and there is still no solution for it? 

I’ve got this headset as a gift and I was really happy with it until I started editing video and audio on my ipad on full volume wireless and the bass started distorting almost instantly. 

@bose should I return it to the supplier? Because right now my 25,- JBL’s perform better than my 350,- QC II’s. It should not be like that.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2020

I just downgraded the headset back to one version and the crackling has seized on full volume. 

BOSE: please push out a new firmware Update that solved anc + crackling!