Highlighted
birdy_1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Bose QC 35 II - Bad Mic Quality w/ Windows 10 PC

Hi there!

I recently purchased the Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) headphones for use with my computer (using Windows 10). I was able to get it connected and the audio works just fine, however, the mic quality is not great at all with the pc (iPhone sounds good though). Additionally, when I use the mic while listening to something, whatever was playing suddenly pauses and the audio becomes a static white noise. I've updated and reinstalled my drivers and been trying to figure this out for a couple of days, so any help would be very much appreciated. If more information is needed, I will try my best to provide. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
birdy_1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II - Bad Mic Quality w/ Windows 10 PC

Author Accepted Answer selected by birdy_1

Ok, I was able to fix being able to see the device and was able to fix the mic. However, the audio becomes very abrasive and loud. I did some more research and read that you are unable to use the mic and listen to audio w/o having the sound degrading in quality. So, guess I'm stuck with this.

20 REPLIES 20

Hi birdy_1,

Thanks for reaching out. I would recommend checking out this post regarding Bluetooth headsets and using them on your computer:

Computer Related Informational Post

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

birdy_1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Thanks for responding Tony,

I noticed that it was the last step that seemed most similar to my problems. However, I don't have that same services tab that was shown, instead, my devices and printers are missing the headphones entirely. I'm using a bluetooth adapter if that changes anything.

zm4r
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

If the headset is not displayed (Devices and Printers), Then something went wrong during the installation and some device components were not installed correctly. When you consult the Device Manager, you can get more clarity about what exactly went wrong.
Can I Ask you if you received a Windows notification that the CQ35II was ready to use?

My Generic Bluetooth drivers are provided by Microsoft.
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (x64) Build 17763.134 (1809/RS5)
BTHUSB.sys (Version: 10.0.17763.1 Date: 2018-09-15)
Manufacturer Info : Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)

I have had about the same problem during installation on a Windows 7 system. The installation could not be finished successfully because Windows could not find any drivers for the peripheral devices.
Something I do not understand is:
In Windows 10 / Device Manager, when I switch on the headphones, these devices can be found under Other devices, although no drivers are needed, they start up . So I suspect that they are necessary for the proper functioning of the CQ35II.

zm4r
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

Other devices:
Arfcomm
AudioWear
AudioWear Voice
Bluetooth Peripheral Device
NearServerSocket
SMS/MSS
Hama Bluetooth v4.0 USB-Adapter class1
https://uk.hama.com/i/00053188/hama-bluetooth-usb-adapter-version-40-c1-+-edr?bySuggest=53188

zm4r
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

A little update on this regarding installing the headphone on Windows 7.

After installing optional quality fixes from Windows update, I did manage to make it work but not without problems.

The QC35 II appears in device manager but still with yellow exclamation mark and Windows tells me troubleshooting is required.

When I do this, the device manager wants to install a driver that will never get installed because there are none.

Never the less the QC35 II is working.

When I go to the headphone properties and take a look at services, all the services are there, I just enabled the headphone service which was not marked. 

When I go to the device manager, it all looks very messy.

Under other devices there are 3 bluetooth with yellow exclamation marks, and the Bose QC35 II (mono) is listed 2 times under sound, video and game controllers, one correctly working and the other one doesn't start (code 10).

I do have some screenshots but I don't know how to post them.

birdy_1
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 27, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by birdy_1

Ok, I was able to fix being able to see the device and was able to fix the mic. However, the audio becomes very abrasive and loud. I did some more research and read that you are unable to use the mic and listen to audio w/o having the sound degrading in quality. So, guess I'm stuck with this.

Francoois
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Similar problem to zm4r's on windows 10,

using bluetooth dongle (Hama 00049218 4.0 adapter).

The headset was quite hard to pair, and once paired 3 peripherals are marked as unknown :

- ARfcomm

- AudioWear

- AudioWear Voice

In my case the audio qualité is correct in a range of 2m of the device, further the quality is degraded.

Beside that, it works perfectly with phone or macbook. I suspect the "plug n play" adapter

Community Manager

Hi Francoois,

Thanks for posting!

It does indeed sound like the Bluetooth dongle if the phone and Macbook are working correctly.  Perhaps there are some users on the Community that can point you to one that works well.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

TheFox
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

QC 35 II mic cutting out

Im having an issue with my headset. Im using it on my laptop (Windows 10) on discord, skype, etc ... . Everything works till the mic stops working mid conversations (after a few minutes).

Yesterday it worked for over an hour without an issue and i can't get it fixed.

The things I already tried:

Clear the BT list on the headset

Configure the headset with nahimic

Set it up as default audio on my laptop