Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Bose QC 35 II Microphone drops after 25 min

Hello,

I have an issue that when I use my Bluetooth QC 35 ii headphone with my laptop (windows) for (WebEx or MS Teams) calls, my microphone drops after ~25 min. Audio is still working perfect, so I can hear everyone, the microphone is just off and nobody can hear me. When I switch the headset off and back on, the problem is resolved (for another 25 min, when I have to repeat the switch off/ back on). It has been pretty annoying in work calls. When the microphone stops working, a little message pops-up on my computer-screen.  

Facts

• I have been using the headset for 3 weeks for computer calls and the issue has been persistent in every call. I don't have this problem when I use my iPhone or iPad for calls.
  • Its reoccurs every ~25 min

Here are so far what I've tried:

• Disconnect headset from all other devices from Bluetooth  
  • Update software QC 35 ii headphones
  • Reboot computer
  • Reconnected Bluetooth (no success)
  • Cleared the Bluetooth list on QC 35 ii (no success)
  • Reset the headphone by turn it off for 30 sec, USB plug for 5 sec, unplug for 1 min and turn it back on. (no success)
  • Turn the headphone off and back on again during a call (working only for a ~25 minute but same issue again after that time)

Does anyone have a similar issue? Any advise on how to solve this?

Thank you!

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 II Microphone drops after 25 min

I have exactly the same problem with my QC35ii.

Apparently many people have this, but I did not find any solution so far...

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Sorry to hear you experience the same problem. I hope Bose will reply soon, hopefully with a solution. It is quite annoying to spent so much money on a head-set that doesn't work for the purpose we should be able to use it for.

Highlighted

Hey everyone, 

This does seem strange! Let's see what we can do. @driespauwels does this occur on any other devices for you? I know it only happens on @KarlienKarr's laptop. I would be interested to know if it happens on any other calls on your laptop or just WebEx and Teams? 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hey,

Yes it does happen on both my laptops (Acer and Lenove) and both with Skype and Teams. I don't have Webex, but I suppose it might have the same issues.

I have read multiple threads on this topic and they all have the same issue that they drop out after a certain period of calling. In my case, it works just fine for 5 minutes and drops out then. Despite altering some settings suggested by others on the bose forum (such as the standby mode time), the problem persists.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 4, 2019

QC35ii Microphone stops working in Zoom after 15-20 minutes, Windows 10 1903

Bose QC35ii recently stopped working properly; it was working before, so on earlier versions for Zoom. Can not say it it was the zoom or some recent patch applied on w10 that changed the situation.

With Bose used either as headset or headphones and microphone set as "headset mic, in Zoom, äll works fine for the first 15-20 minutes, sometimes more. After a while, Zoom suddenly shows a red exclamation mark on the microfon icon in the interface and gives the message "microfone has stopped working". I can still hear the rest of the conversation on the call, but they can not hear me. I am actively using the mic while it works. I have to restart the headset for it to work again.

QC35 Standby is set at 3 hours.

W10 1903 (18362.657)

Zoom 4.6.9 (19253.0401)

Problem is also described here by another user: https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/flx6h5/bose_qc_35_has_issues_with_zoom_call_from_windows/

Please provide an urgent solution. Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I have exactly the same problem when I am on Zoom or Microsoft TEAMS calls. It drops every 5 minutes or so. I already updated to the latest firmware using USB to my laptop and Bose's Firmware Updater. What else can we try?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Thanks for chiming in! I hope @Vicky_W will be able to find a solution! My colleague start to get really annoyed with me ;-).

Highlighted

I am sorry to hear this! As the issue only occurs on your laptop, I would urge you to speak with the manufacturer as they may know some settings you need to change in order to get this to work. 

I would love to hear your findings as it may help others! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Vicky, did you read the thread? I have tested Multiple (3) laptops of different brands, all experiencing the same problem. If you simply google "bose call problems", you will find dozens of threads all pointing to the same issues when using Webex, Teams, Skype or Zoom. This is clearly a problem with either all of the communication apps (highlt unlikely) or with Bose! The problem is not the laptop, nor teams or skype. Bose QC35ii simply does not function properly and we are all looking for a solution