Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Bose QC 35 II - Mute function

Can someone tell me if its possible to MUTE the headphones when I use them to business meeting calls  on my Windows 10 Surface Pro and I want to do the communication with often MUTE myself when others are speaking please.

I mean, MUTE from any buttons combination on Headphones and not MUTE on the application on my computer. 

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC 35 II - Mute function

Hello upidupido, 

Thank you for messaging the community. I would love to do what I can to assist you with your QuietComfort 35 II headphones.

I would like to ensure that I have a full understanding of your post, can you please elaborate for us what you are looking to achieve. Are you looking to mute the microphone of the headphones whilst on call and using your surface pro microphone instead? I apologise if I have misunderstood. 

Can you also inform us with what application you take your business meeting calls. 

Please let us know, we would love to get this resolved for you. 

Many thanks.

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

I am delighted to get prompt response from you. Highly appreciated.

Let me explain the scenario :
I go on meetings call on Skype/MS Team/Circuit software on my Windows 10 Surface pro. While I am not speaking I would like to Mute my Headphones microphone. I don't use my surface's inbuild microphone at all.

Issue :
As noise cancellation is on, I don't hear any surrounding noises but as microphone MUTE is not ON, people on call hear that sounds/noises laud.
Highlighted

Hello upidupido,

Thank you for clarifying this for us, I would love to assist you with this. 

May I ask what occurs when you mute your side of the conversation through the Skype/ MS teams application itself? Can you still be heard via the QuietComfort 35 II Microphone?

Do let us know! 

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

No. As microphone is muted from the application e.g. skype no sound transmitted to the other end.

My question is - is it possible to mute the microphone on headphones through any button (or combinations of buttons) ?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello upidupido,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I understand what you mean. To mute the headphones while on a call you just need to simultaneously press + and - while on the call to mute/unmute the headphones. 

You can find more details on call functions with the QC35 II headphones in the owner's manual on page 15.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Hi, I tried the volume + and - buttons as advised in the .pdf manual but it doesn't work to MUTE on business calls on Skype, MS Teams and Circuit applications.  

Highlighted

Hello upidupido, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

I have just personally tested the QC35 I and II models with an iPhone 11 Pro Max and a Windows 10 Dell laptop, the mute function works great with phone calls (albeit you do not see a visual representation of the mute engagement on the phone, just a voice prompt via the headphones.) I was unable to engage the mute function on VOIP calls (tested Skype and Microsoft Teams) on the computer. This would suggest the feature is only compatible with phone calls. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 9, 2019

Yes, after few tests with different headphones and different applications combinations, I agree to you.

It's sad such a wonderful headphones and I can't use it the way I want to on my common business purpose. I hope in future the software update will cover the issue.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

To mute you headset: Press the "Volume +" and "Volume -" at the same time, to unmute, do the same again.