Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

Bose QC 35 II Wired Cable Audio Issues

I've tried using several wires (Bose QC25 with in-line mic) in addition to the one that comes with the original purchase and the audio output sounds very muffled when I plug it into any device. The results were the same whether it's my Samsung phones, Apple devices and gaming console.

The only time I can hear the sound perfectly is if I hold put some pressure on the wire cable near the headphone jack / socket. It seems it could be a hardware issue.

Please advise

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II Wired Cable Audio Issues

@AC00104If you have tried multiple wires with multiple output devices then that leaves you with two other options: (1) you need new ear cushions or (2) the connector in the QC25 is faulty.  I do not work for Bose.  You can try to get it sent in and repaired if Bose is willing to do so.  Otherwise if you are out of warranty they may offer an exchange but either way this second option will cost money out of warranty.  If so, you may want to consider another used QC25.  On ebay, used ones go for $50 to $90, so it may be cheaper to buy a used one than to repair your current one.  New units are about $125.

Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 II Wired Cable Audio Issues

Hi @joelirwin 

Thanks for the feedback. I have a QC 35 II and tried multiple wires including the QC 25 inline mic Android version because of its versatility and compatibility with using the mic on my gaming consoles (confirmed by mods here in another posting) and phone when I want to use a wired connection. My wife purchased it for my birthday early late March of last year so I may be under warranty if they offer a year on these. Even the wire that came with the QC 35 II gives me this muffled/distorted feedback so I am assuming it is a connector issue. I rarely use wired connection so I'll reach out to their support to see what options I have.