ralfk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Bose QC 35 II and Windows 10 update - microphone not detected

So I've seen a lot of issues on this forum after Windows 1809 update. It seems like Bose has not tested QC 35 II at all.

Now I have yet another problem that I couldn't find on this support. My headphones still connect to my computer as they used to, but I was able to use them as my conference headphones, but now the QC 35 II microphone is not detected by Windows. So headphones work fine but microphone is non existent now.

Tried so far:

• Update software on Bose QC 35 II (already up to date)
  • Find new drivers for Windows (they are all up to date)
  • Windows is obviously on the latest version, no updates available

The difficult part is that the interface in Windows has changed so other than having a list of microphone devices, I don't know what to find and where anymore.

Annotation 2019-08-07 095944.pngAnnotation 2019-08-07 100055.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ralfk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 II and Windows 10 update - microphone not detected

Author Accepted Answer selected by ralfk

Right so not surprisingly Bose was not helpful. It took me over a week of research to find out what the problem was.

After Windows10 update (August 2019) the headphones decided to skip available driver on Windows and install a new one. 

The painful part is that those drivers on the image below only appear when your headphones are connected to the system so when they idle and disconnect while you're trying to sort out the problem - you will miss the issue. Here's how it looked like:

Capture.PNG

Here's the solution that worked for me:

• click on each of those "bose" drivers you have and uninstall (one of them particularly took a long time so you have to be patient)
  • don't restart Windows yet (if you will your drivers will be back)
  • go to your Bose phone app, remove your laptop from the list of paired devices
  • go to Windows Bluetooth devices and remove all appearances of your headphones
  • restart the computer
  • pair the headphones again

Hope it will help someone. Also, bear in mind that for one of the most expensive headphones in the market you get no support or willingness to help. "It's a Windows problem" yeah right, except it's Bose responsible for writing the drivers for the system...

7 REPLIES 7
Ron89f
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

Can't use mic in PC conversation - QC35II

Hi, 

I want to use my headset Bose QC35II to calls from my Lenovo laptop (using Cisco Jabber software).

While i conect to my Lenovo laptop i can use the headset in order to listen to music, but when i try to make a call, the mic is disabled.

Notice that i use the same headset to make a calls using my iPhone and it works great!

What can be the reason?

Hi Ralfk, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome the Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your headphones following the update to windows 10. 

I have included a LINK HERE to an article that I feel will be very beneficial to your issue as if shows the new set up with Windows in screenshots.

If you have the other issues please reach out to us again. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Re: Can't use mic in PC conversation - QC35II

Hi Ron89f, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

Which operating system are you using on your Lenovo Laptop?

I would recommend checking out the settings on your call software to make sure the Microphone on your headset is selected as an input. 

There is a POST HERE That should be helpful for you for connecting headphones to a Computer. 

If you have any questions, let me know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

ralfk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Yeah, here's the thing. You missed my entire issue and pasted the first link from Google that is not helpful.

1. I don't have a problem with headphones but with a microphone. I need those headphones for video conference - they were working prior to the lastest Windows update
  2. The link you sent me is old, it has screenshots for Windows that don't exist anymore after latest Windows update

Hope you can read my issue in details and respond accordingly this time. In fact, this should be treated as a warranty issue as headphones are still on warranty. 

Hi Ralfk, 

Thank you for coming back to me!

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting I have provided for you. 

As your issue seems to have materialized following the windows update, It is probably safe to say there is not an issue with your headphones. To be sure, please test them on another device. I have also found a couple of threads on this Community HERE and HERE which may also help you out with the connections. 

Let me know! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

ralfk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 6, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by ralfk

Right so not surprisingly Bose was not helpful. It took me over a week of research to find out what the problem was.

After Windows10 update (August 2019) the headphones decided to skip available driver on Windows and install a new one. 

The painful part is that those drivers on the image below only appear when your headphones are connected to the system so when they idle and disconnect while you're trying to sort out the problem - you will miss the issue. Here's how it looked like:

Capture.PNG

Here's the solution that worked for me:

• click on each of those "bose" drivers you have and uninstall (one of them particularly took a long time so you have to be patient)
  • don't restart Windows yet (if you will your drivers will be back)
  • go to your Bose phone app, remove your laptop from the list of paired devices
  • go to Windows Bluetooth devices and remove all appearances of your headphones
  • restart the computer
  • pair the headphones again

Hope it will help someone. Also, bear in mind that for one of the most expensive headphones in the market you get no support or willingness to help. "It's a Windows problem" yeah right, except it's Bose responsible for writing the drivers for the system...

Highlighted
Ron89f
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 9, 2019

I tried, but still didn't work