Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 II and Windows 10 update - microphone not detected

Hi,

I have my QC35 II paired with my Windows 10 laptop and microphone in various apps (Slack, Skype) is not working. When the call starts, it works for 30-60 seconds and then people can't hear me and I need to switch to the Realtek mic on the laptop itself. 

I tried un-pairing and pairing again, I tried restarting the call but every time the same happens. Can someone please help? And do you need anything from me, like the driver version or something similar? 

Thanks! 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Bose QC 35 II and Windows 10 update - microphone not detected

Bluetooth panel on Windows 10 states "Connected to Music" and doe not allow microphone to work. Microphone itself is just fine when using it on the phone and other devices. I tried wiping settings on the headphones, did the factory reset, removed all devices, renamed headphones, removed and reinstalled Bluetooth Bose devices on my computer. Nothing works, it's infuriating. A phone call to Bose did not help either, they had exactly the same suggestions. Also, the suggestion of removal of drivers posted on your forum is not clear (at least it's not obvious on how to do it on my Dell XPS 13) Bose folks, please UPDATE DRIVERS ASAP!!!!! Your "improved" music quality update ruined microphone settings for thousands of users!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

I got the same ANNOYING problem. It is ridiculous for a company like that!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2020

Hi everyone,

I was having the same problem, but in my case, the solution was very different. I have a docking station (about this issue in windows they recognize as a "USB multimedia audio device"). And somehow it was making some "bad connection" because it has a speaker and an audio jack on it, so it was impossible to connect my Bose as a headset. It always installs as a headphone. In the end I disconnect/remove the Bose and unplug the docking station (USB cable), then I connect the Bose again and everything is good!

I hope this is helpful for some of you

Best regards

RSD

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Below is an actual side by side comparison of Windows 10 version 1909 ( Working Microphone) and Windows 10 version 2004 ( Not Working).

In this setup, I have used the same computer, and created a clean install of Windows using the versions stated above.

BOSE should acknowledge this issue and should roll out updates to their drivers to make it compatible to new builds of Windows 10. I don't have to try this on every build to prove a point.

Related Issues:

I can't figure out to post an image here so here is the full comparison:

https://gist.github.com/geocine/e6844225cbde79a8729d793e89c01d12

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

To anyone still reading this. The marked solution here does not solve anything for me. I have posted a side by side comparison of 2 windows builds on this link I am sharing below, to prove a point that this is a Bose issue.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Bose-QC-35-II-Voice-Microphone-Not-Working-On...

If you are experiencing this, please contribute to that thread.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2020

I had the same issue, ACM! Got Windows updated to v2004, lost the "headset" functionality. It was resolved by disabling and re-enabling the Bose drivers in the Device Manager. Give it a try, this may work for you too 😉

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 6, 2020

Hi

I have the same issues with this post but the solution is not working for me. I can hear audio fine but windows is not recognising the QC 35 II microphone so I can't use them for video conferences. 

• I'm running Windows 1909.
  • I've run Bose update and everything is up to date.
  • I've unpaid the headphones, uninstalled the Bluetooth drivers (Bose QC35 II, Bose QC35 II Avrcp Transport, and Bluetooth LE Generic Attribute Service), restarted the PC and re-paired
  • I've checked Microphone Privacy (so that apps can access the microphone).

And it still doesn't work. Apparently it is an issue with the drivers which began in August 2019 with a Windows update. The headphones work fine on my Mac so I'm confident it is a windows driver issue. There are many other posts with similar issues. 

How can I fix this?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2020

Bose doesn't give a **bleep** about this. I tried to fix it for ages and all answers they give are useless. They hardly even read the question. This will be the last thing I bought from Bose.