ivonna.s
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 II, bluetooth reconnects with every battery announcement

I have exactly the same issue. Only mine came in only a week ago. And is a combo of Android phone + Win 10.
There is no difference if only one device is on - the behavior is exactly the same. If connected to Win10 and switched the bluetooth off on my Andriod - still disconnecting on random intervals between few minutes to ~30 minutes.
The same if my PC is off and only connection to Android phone.
I don't hear the battery announcements, but it might be due to fact I have all voice prompts off. I still get that "power-on" sound and "connected" sound for each device each time.
I do agree - this makes the headset completely useless for work TCs over e.g. MS Teams - as on the disconnect Teams get's confused and it usually takes up to a minute and few switch-off-switch-ons to get back on the call.

mkok
Participant
Registered since

Oct 14, 2020

Is it fixed with the new firmware v4.8.1 ?

https://community.bose.com/t5/Around-On-Ear-Headphones/Quiet-Comfort-35II-Firmware-Update-4-8-1-Octo...

I'm currently testing it.

HankTheCrank
Participant
Registered since

Oct 17, 2020

I just got this headset and it's been disconnecting from my iPod about every hour. I have firmware 4.8.1 installed.

Like others in the thread, I have other Bluetooth noise cancelling headsets that range from $60 (August EP735) to $400 (Sony WH1000XM3) . They do not disconnect like this Bose does. I do not accept that it is an issue with the source device.

The Bose noise cancelling is, in my opinion, the best of the lot (just edges out the Sony; Sony's thick padding allows more sound bleed), but I cannot have a headset that is unreliable.

Bose: I'll need a solution to this ASAP or it's going back. Looking forward to a solution so I can continue using your superior noise cancelling product.

UPDATE: Sending these back. Too many connection problems across multiple devices.

solera4
Participant
Registered since

Oct 21, 2020

Hi ivonna,

I have the same issue and same combo as you: Android phone, Windows PC. For me it disconnects with the battery announcements (which happens every time it decreases 10%). I have never updated anything and have had these headphones for 3 years now. Never a problem. This disconnecting situation is very recent and it's beyond irritating. These disconnect at important moments! So the alternative is to turn them off and use the cable while they come up with a solution? I'm glad I found this thread but I'm disappointed to see that this's been going on for a while now.....

AmolK
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2020

I am having the same issue with the QC 35 ii headphone thought the firmware update would rectify the issue but still faced with disconnect when the battery prompt comes up. If I disable the battery prompt the headphones still disconnect.

Some kind of acknowledgement of this issue will be helpful from Bose.

serval2000
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2020

Seriously, after the firmware update to 4.8.1, the qc35 ii disconnect from my LG TV every minutes...

They're now inusable...

Why don't you let us downgrade firmware ?????

Now, I'll sell them and go buying Sony headphone ans never buy Bose product again because there's no customers consideration.

Bye

MAGMAG
Collaborator
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by MAGMAG

Hi,

I have not run into any issues with my headphones in the last couple of weeks. I didn't change or update anything. My apologies, I know its not very helpful. It looks like BOSE fixed it.

As a  general tip if you run into the issue I had a couple of month ago:

1. Reset your headphones and delete all drivers from your devices.

2. If possible don't mix Apple and Windows devices access.

3. Try to never pair the headphones with more then TWO devices. Even when you have three devices in your list(two active and one on idle) it can cause issues.

Anyways I wish you good luck and stay save everybody!

View solution in original post