cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JiamuYue
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Bose QC 35 II can't pair on android, doesn't' even show up in Mac. Bluetooth Slider Problem?

I bought an QC 35 II a while ago (about 1.5 years) so warranty probably won't cover this. So recently I've bought a new phone (Huawei Nova 5T) and wanted to pair the headphones with it, I downloaded the Bose connect app and tried pairing it multiple times and failing with both the app and my phones bluetooth settings. I've tried with other devices and they won't connect either so I am sure that this is the products problem. I have tried every way of "rebooting" my headphones and still won't work, I've also tried sliding the bluetooth button for 10 seconds or even a minute and it doesn't say "bluetooth list cleared" So maybe it's the sliders problem. I also tired pairing it via NFC and still no progress. Another problem is on Apple devices, the product doesn't show up at all.

-Thanks so much if you could help 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Bose QC 35 II can't pair on android, doesn't' even show up in Mac. Bluetooth Slider Problem?

Author Accepted Answer selected by JiamuYue

I'm not sure whether you have confirmed to have done this, but be sure to clear the pairing list of the headphones by pushing the power switch towards the Bluetooth icon for 10 seconds, until you hear 'Bluetooth device list cleared'. Then, also clear the history of your devices you're intending to connect to, so that a fresh connection can be established. 

Do let us know how you get on! If you're still running into issues, I'd recommend reaching out to your local support team for assistance proceeding with service options. To do this, go to Global Contact Page > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Jeff_G

Re: Bose QC 35 II can't pair on android, doesn't' even show up in Mac. Bluetooth Slider Problem?

Hello JiamuYue,

Thanks for reaching out! 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues pairing your headphones. 

It's concerning that you're not hearing "Bluetooth device list cleared" when you hold the power switch over to Bluetooth for ~10 seconds. Do you see any LEDs on the headphones? Pairing mode is active when the LED pulses blue. If you do not see this, I would recommend getting in touch with local support to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here.

Thanks.

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
JiamuYue
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Hi and thanks so much for helping!

On my headphones, it has 2 LEDs on the bottom, one is for the battery and the other is for bluetooth. When I turn it on, the bluetooth light flashes/pulses white, not blue and when I try to put it in pairing mode by sliding the slider for 2-3 seconds, the light does not change and eventually turns off. 

Thanks Jeff 🙂

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this JiamuYue. 

Can you please let me know if the LED goes solid white after the starting few pulses? I would also like to know when you power on the headphones do you hear any prompts at all? 

The last step I would like for us to perform would be to update the headset, to do this simply connect the headset to a PC/Mac via the USB charging cable. Once connected please visit our online updater and follow the on-screen instructions.

We look forward to hearing back from you with further information. 

JiamuYue
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Hey Hector! 

When I turn on the headphones they just say "battery 100%" "connecting to (Old Phone name) and (Old computer name) and both don't exist because I traded in my old phone and returned my school computer. Does that help?

Thanks so much because you guys could easily say "it's over the warranty period" or "it's not out fault, you broke it!" Thanks for trying to help! always appreciate the customer support!

JiamuYue
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

The update also didn't seem to work. When I try to pair the headphones, it still just says couldn't;t pair with "name" because of incorrect PIN or passkey... does that help gain more insight?

Again, thanks so much!

Vicky_W

@JiamuYue, that does help! When asking to pair, is your phone asking for a keycode? If so, please can you try 0000 or 1234 as these are generic Bluetooth pairing codes that should help. 

JiamuYue
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

It doesn't actually ask for a PIN or key code though... Is it supposed to?

Jeff_G

A pin code is a rare occurrence, not something you generally see. But in the odd occasion that it pops up, as Vicky mentioned, 0000 or 1234 are the best codes to enter. 

Thanks!

JiamuYue
Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2020

Thanks Vicky and Jeff, I've never actually encountered a PIN code before but when I do I'll definitely try those codes. So now what do you think my next move should be? I've been trying to pair them everyday and no progress seems so be showing....

Again, thanks everyone!