Bernard2
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Bose QC 35 II - iOS - Battery notification

Bose App - 9.0.1

Bose Firmware - 4.5.2

Apple iPhone X - 13.2

Keep getting battery notification lately, forgot when exactly but super annoying and each time - the headphone will reconnect again.

Tried many suggestions posted but not working at all.  What's going on? it's been a great experience until lately.   Pls help.

Cheers,

23 REPLIES 23
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose QC 35 II - iOS - Battery notification

Hello Bernard2,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm deeply sorry to hear about this notification problem that you are experiencing with your QC35 II's.

Are you hearing this notification at randoms times that you shouldn't?

Do your headphones disconnect from your device? The notification is normally activated when you turn on your headphones. Therefore, this could possibly suggest that your headphones are losing power and then switching back on immediately.

I'd love to hear some further details from you so that we can look at resolving this issue.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Bernard2
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Are you hearing this notification at randoms times that you shouldn't?
>> Yes, battery at 80%, 70% etc etc... every 10% or sometime same %. "Battery 80%, connected to XXX, XXX" then few mins later.. Battery 80% - connected to XXX, XXX"........  This is worse when using it for hands-free phone or skype call.

Do your headphones disconnect from your device?
>> Yes, it will disconnect then reconnect (like when first turn on the headphones)

The notification is normally activated when you turn on your headphones. Therefore, this could possibly suggest that your headphones are losing power and then switching back on immediately.
>> Define 'losing power'.  It is 'consuming power' as I am listening to music / movie / games. 
and how to fix this? This just happen lately....    

Hector_B

Hi Bernard2, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this! 

Can you please confirm which troubleshooting steps you have attempted so far from other threads so that we can ensure that we don't get you to repeat any steps? Can you please also test the headphones with a few other devices to see if the same issue persists? 

I look forward to hearing back from you with the result of these steps and if any other community members have had and resolved a similar issue please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Bernard2
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

I have tried - reset the headphones.
https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/product-reset.html

Unpaired from all devices - ipad/iphone/laptop/desktop (via OS Bluetooth control app)

Reinstalled the Bose App.

I'm a tech guy so will try research before I post here.

is there any log files or what not that we can dig in? 

Such a premium product but product features and user experience are sorry to say - somewhat below par.  Pls escalate, I read many posts here - all standard SOP reply - Bose ack'ed, feedback'ed, and so on.  5G is coming - content & user experience is everything.

Cheers,

Hector_B

Hi Bernard2, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us! 

Can you please confirm if you have any Voice Assistants enabled with the QC35's at all? Also can you please attempt to turn off Voice Prompts by opening the Bose Connect App > Settings > Voice Prompts > Off and see if the headphones still perform the random connection issues you are experiencing. 

In regards to log files, this isn't something that can be done on the QuietComfort 35 Headphones. I look forward to hearing back from you on this and would really like to hear from any others experiencing this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Bernard2
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Good try. It still did the same, except now with the tone prompt instead.

You should ask your developers go check back the change log of recent releases.  Instead of doing the voice / tone prompt every time battery level changes, just do it initial prompt when turned on and maybe last 10% to inform the user that need to charge it soon.

The tone prompt is much shorter yet, it disconnect and reconnect - creating a blank sound gap in between, which is again - annoying experience.  Another dumb question - with all the app/OS info given, you guys can't reproduce this behavior? just me alone having this issue?

Bernard2
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

No update?  what's the deal? 

Jeff_G

Hello Bernard2,

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with your headphones. I would recommend performing a reset on the headphones to see if this helps at all.

To reset your product:

1. Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  2. Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  4. Power on your product.

If the issue persists, please reach out to local support here to discuss support.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Bernard2
Participant
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Did you read post 5 at all ? Zzzz

I have tried - https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/product-reset.html