@joelirwin I have a temporary solution. I purchased an Avantree bluetooth 4.0 dongle. This has allowed me to connect my headphones again. Hearing the bose ladies voice say 'now connected to bens laptop' sounded very sweet. However the ideal solution is still out there somewhere. Just waiting to be found. Thanks for your help mate.
I solved the issue. It was windows related. Here is the solution that worked for me.
wewwwww finally managed to sort this out.
- Previously working bluetooth speaker (UE BOOM 2 in my case) stops connecting
- Windows 10 'Bluetooth and other devices' menu shows the device as Paired
- Pressing connect makes it attempt to connect but fails then it goes back to Paired
- Remove device hides the device from the menu, but as soon as you turn bluetooth on and off, or restart the computer, the device comes back
- You pull your hair out.
Solution that worked for me after much, much unsuccessful internet trawling and one system restore:
- Download this 7 year old command line bluetooth toolset: http://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools/
- Install it, make sure you enable the option to "Add Bluetooth Command Line Tools directory to path"
- Open Powershell
- Put your device that isn't working properly into pairing mode
WARNING: THE FOLLOWING COMMAND WILL UNPAIR ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES
- type in "btpair -u"
- Boom, all of a sudden Windows asks me if I want to allow pairing to my device that isn't working
- Hit yes, successfully connected again
- Cry tears of joy
God I hope that helps someone else.
Aug 15, 2019
Installing and using the Bluetooth toolset you described at http://bluetoothinstaller.com/bluetooth-command-line-tools/ fixed the issue for me.
Wonder if that means that the Windows 10 way of "removing devices" is flawed?
Even though they used to work, my Bose QC35 II headphones have not worked on my Dell laptop for over six months, so …
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.
It is so great to hear that these steps worked for you.
If these steps have worked for anyone else I would love to hear from you.