Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Bose QC 35 II random reboots/disconnects

Since about a week I am experiencing random disconnects/reboots on my Bose QC 35 II. I usually have it connected to my Macbook Pro and a Windows 10 pc. While listening to music the sound just suddenly drops away, the ANC turns off and back on and it tries to reconnect. Sometimes it reconnects automatically, but it also happens often I have to manually reconnect.

Things I have tried so far:

- Connecting to just one device -> it still happens

- Clearing device list -> it still happens

- "Reset" (https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/product-reset.html) -> it still happens

- Reboot of PC/Macbook/iPhone

- Full charge -> it still happens

I really enjoy(ed) this headset, but these disconnects make it all but useless during a workday. I cannot have any random conference call interrupted because my sound drops. Please provide me with a workable solution.

Headset specs:

- Date of Manufacturing: 11 April 2018

- Firmware Version: 4.5.2

- Serial Number: available upon request

ps. I have seen some other topics where people have complained about the same problem, but some of these have been closed with a solution that does not work for me. I hope this gets your attention.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC 35 II random reboots/disconnects

Author Accepted Answer selected by bommen

Hi Bommen, 

Thanks for your post, I can appreciate the frustration you must feel. 

Regrettably, we can only offer troubleshooting steps for the issues you have experienced. We are unable to offer any technical support services through this platform. For issues of this nature, you will need to get in contact with your local technical support team for assistance. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

Yep, been having the same issue. All of the proposed "fixes" that are listed in all the numerous other threads don't work.

There has been a shocking lack of Bose response on this. They just offer these generic "clear the bluetooth list, reboot, blah, blah" suggestions which don't work.

I am extremely disappointed with how they are handling this - very little response to something that clearly is a widespread issue/bug.

I'm experiencing it on every bluetooth device that I have - iphone, samsung, linux, windows, mac... doesn't matter.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Thanks for posting this.

I have made an account to advise that I have been having this same issue.

The disconnects are quite disruptive during video conferencing. 

I am experiencing this issue when connected to both an HP laptop and iPhone 8. The issue occurs also when I connect only to one device (either). The power up sound plays and then the bluetooth connection sound. 

Highlighted

Hello there, 

Thank you all for posting. I'm very sorry to hear that you are all experiencing this connection issue after performing all of the recommended troubleshooting steps. 

As the issue still persists, I would recommend that you reach out to us via this link here so we can explore the service options available for your headset. 

If you have any issues reaching the team please do let us know.

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

I am having the same issue, it about every 20 minutes or so when I am on a call, it has always reconnected I drop audio on the call for 15-20 seconds while it does so. I have tried all the solutions listed as well. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 17, 2020

@Hector_B 

All that link suggests is that I can replace my headset by purchasing a new one at a discounted rate.

Are you seriously telling us that Bose isn't looking into this as a widespread problem? That because we are out of warranty we are just out of luck and have to buy a new set of headphones?

These aren't even 2 years old and I would hope that a ~$300 set of headphones would have a better life expectancy than that.

This is absurd and clearly a flawed product. I can't see how you would ever expect me to spend another dime on a Bose product.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Hello @Hector_B,

Just like @eroseland I also got an offer to replace the defective headset by purchasing a new at a 'discounted' rate. In my case, I have purchased the headset on 7-7-2020, so the warranty (2yrs) has expired around three weeks ago. Are you telling me that a period of three weeks will cost me € 240?

I cannot believe that a premium brand like Bose can accept that their products only lasts 2yrs + 3 weeks, for a price of €300+ at the time. Furthermore, your limited warranty statement (https://assets.bose.com/content/dam/Bose_DAM/Web/consumer_electronics/bose_global_portal/pdfs/other/...) states the following (in dutch): "De wettelijke garantie geldt voor alle artikelen die je bij ons koopt. Wettelijke garantie wil zeggen dat een product datgene is of moet doen wat de consument er in alle redelijkheid van mag verwachten.". Translated this means as much as that the legal warranty applies to all products purchased from Bose. A legal warranty means that a product is or must do what the consumer can reasonably expect from it. In this case I think I can reasonably expect the product to function for more than 2 years (+3weeks).

I would appreciate you getting in touch with me with a better offer than me spending another € 240 on the same headset that should still be working.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by bommen

Hi Bommen, 

Thanks for your post, I can appreciate the frustration you must feel. 

Regrettably, we can only offer troubleshooting steps for the issues you have experienced. We are unable to offer any technical support services through this platform. For issues of this nature, you will need to get in contact with your local technical support team for assistance. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

After contacting the local Dutch customer service of Bose I have received an offer to replace my headset without any charges.

This does not solve the issue itself, but Bose has made a gesture.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2020

I have also recently started to experience this issue with my headset dropping out ANC resetting then reconnecting. I have cleared and reconnected all devices all software is up to date on my Windows 10 PC and my XR iPhone. It is extremely frustrating during many video and voice calls.