jain.to
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

Bose QC 35 II

Hello: I am trying to connect my Bose QC 35 II on a Laptop with Windows 10. I can't download any program on my laptop. Any way I can connect my headset to my laptop? It works fine (on other Apple devices perfectly).

Bose product name QC 35 II

Country USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on MS Windows 10 Laptop

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 REPLY 1
joelirwin
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 II

@jain.to(I do not work for Bose)

Connecting a Bose bluetooth (BT) product to a windows machine has/is in my experience a very 'finicky' thing.  That standard way to do it is to go to where ever you have your Bluetooth window (typically 'windows settings and then devices) and add a bluetooth device.  This will start the 'pairing' process.  Once that has completed, you will need to double click on the BT device and start each of its two services - A2DS (for stereo streaming/music applications/programs) and HFP (hands free profile also known as headset for phone/voice over IP applications/programs like zoom, skype and whatsapp).

If you have problems or failures along the way and are unable to 'download' or otherwise troubleshoot yourself, you will be stuck and unable to use your Bose device with your laptop.  Keep in mind that just because a non-Bose BT device works is no guarantee that a Bose one will.  If your Bose will not work with the above, all Bose can do is get you to remove all your BT devices on your laptop and reset/reinitialize/remove all your BT devices on your QC35.  They will not be able to troubleshoot for you on the windows end.

To do that, you need to have full access to your laptop to try things like updating your bluetooth drivers and remove windows updates and applications looking for conflicts.  And if all else fails you may need to get a BT USB dongle (I recommend one with CSR Harmony drivers).