Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2020

Bose QC 35 connect to my new laptop but doesn't show up as an audio device

Hi there,

So I've got a QC 35 and it connects fine to my phone and to my previous laptop.

I've got a new laptop and when I try to connect the headphones, they appear as "Connected" in the list of "Bluetooth & other devices" but in "Other Devices" not in "Audio". Therefore I can't use them as audio output. 

The laptop also doesn't appear in the list of devices connected to my headphones in the Bose Connect app.

The laptop has windows 10 and connects fine to my bluetooth JBL speakers. I tried restarting the bluetooth services, the laptop, uninstalling the device in the bluetooth device list... I am a bit short of options.

Anyone has any idea?

Thank you

Lucas

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Bose QC 35 connect to my new laptop but doesn't show up as an audio device

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues using your headphones with your new laptop. 

I would recommend sliding the power switch over to Bluetooth for around 10 seconds to clear the device list on the headphones. On the laptop, go to Settings >Devices > Bluetooth and other devices, then locate the headphones on the list, click them, then click remove device. 

Next, on Bluetooth and other devices > click "Add Bluetooth or other device," then ensure you select "Bluetooth." as the connection type. 

If the headphones do not pair as an audio device, try restarting the laptop. If the problem persists, check your computer for driver updates. 

I would also recommend checking out this thread for details regarding Bluetooth connections and computers.

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!