Rohan W
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Bose QC 35 headphones - calls very quiet on Pixel 3a XL (other media volume fine)

In the last month or so I have noticed that when connected via Bluetooth to my Pixel 3a XL, the audio of phone calls is very quiet even when the call and media volume on my device is set to the maximum.

When I listen to music or a podcast, the volume is fine and the maximum is much louder than the call volume. I've checked my phone connecting to other Bluetooth devices and this isn't the case for anything except the QC headphones.

I have installed the latest update via the Bose app, and also tried disconnecting, unpairing and repairing and this doesn't seem to have solved the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Sam_F

Re: Bose QC 35 headphones - calls very quiet on Pixel 3a XL (other media volume fine)

Hey Rohan,

Sorry to hear you've had some issues with taking phone calls on your QuietComfort 35 headphones.

I'm glad to hear you've attempted troubleshooting already. Are you able to test the headphones with a different phone maybe, to see if the audio is still low on that?

It seems strange that the audio is perfectly normal for everything except calls, do you adjust the volume using the headphones or the phone? Do you notice the audio is still noticeably quiet even when the bar is at the top?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Rohan W
Participant
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 headphones - calls very quiet on Pixel 3a XL (other media volume fine)

Thanks Sam,

When I use the phone without my headphones, either directly through the handset or on speaker phone, or via Bluetooth in the car, the call volume is normal, and at a similar relative volume to other media. It seems to only be on the headphones where the call volume is low, regardless of the adjusted volume.

I've tried adjusting the audio with both the headphones and the volume bar on the phone, and I've set both media and call volume to maximum, and the call volume is still low. But when I end a call and switch to media such as music or a podcast, the volume is loud again, as expected when the volume bars are high.

Hope this helps.

Jeff_G

Thanks Rohan, 

When testing the headphones with another smartphone, however, do you still experience the same problem or does the issue only occur on the Pixel? 

Thanks.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!