neil51801
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2021

Bose QC 35 headphones ringing sound due to sweat

I love running with these headphones, they are relatively light and very comfortable and really get me in the mood with great sound quality. I love running with these so much that I have run marathons with them before since they have such great battery life. I have recently found out that these headphones hate sweat. I take off the earpieces pretty constantly to remove built-up sweat. Due to sweat these headphones never turn off for me now, are difficult to charge, and today had such a loud ringing I had to simply take them off. These headphones lasted me about 500 days.

Bose product name

Country

U.S.

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

gym, outside

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

200 days after use till now

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 REPLY 1
Charlotte_G

Re: Bose QC 35 headphones ringing sound due to sweat

Hey @neil51801, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Bose Community!

It's really great to hear that you're enjoying using your QC35's. I'm sorry to hear that you're not experiencing some issues with them.

We do not actually recommend that these headphones are used when performing activities such as running as they are not water/sweat resistant. 

In regards to the power and charging, please follow these steps to see if this can be resolved.

Should the issues persist, you can check out the service options available here.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!