Wolf327
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 16, 2020

Bose QC 35 ii Turning off then back on immediately

As of the last couple of weeks, my quiet comfort headphones have been randomly turning off (without the typical jingle it does from a normal turn-off) and turning back on (with the turn-on jingle). This typically wouldn’t be much of a problem beyond a small annoyance, except that a majority of the time the devices aren’t re-connected correctly, and it seems to happen every half hour or so. As well, this issue seems to have come up following a relatively recent update, and the problem consists on my Windows PC, my iPhone, and my MacBook (so it’s likely an issue with an update, or the headphones themselves). I have tried resetting the headphones suggested in various other posts for different fixes, and I have tried erasing the paring list, and force re-downloading the update using Bose system updater (using the a, d, v, up, down trick) and none seemed to have worked.
The strangest part that seems to set my issue apart from others is the lack of the shutdown noise. The reason I notice the headphones have shut off is due to the noise cancelling cutting out (and naturally, the audio), then the turning-on jingle following.

Please let me know if there’s any fix I can attempt for this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CirenJules
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 8, 2020

Re: Bose QC 35 ii Turning off then back on immediately

Hope I’m proved wrong, but 2000+ complaints about 4.5.2 Firmware for QC 35ii permanently turning-off ANC since June 2019 - and Bose delivering sweet fa to fix it....suggest you’ll be very lucky to get even any acknowledgement.