Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Bose QC 35 ii activates itself when the switch button is off

Be it fully charged or low battery, my headphone automatically turns on itself and connects with paired devices whereas the switch button is off. It has only been a year and this really deteriorates my perception of the Bose products quality. 

Does anyone know how to solve this other than going to the service center? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Bose QC 35 ii activates itself when the switch button is off

Confirm you have a QC35ii and not QC35i because your scenario is definitely a known hardware issue for the QC35i.  What version is your firmware?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Product info on Bose Connect says its v4.5.2 and QC35 Series II 

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@cannotkissanideaHere is another possibility to eliminate.  Go get yourself/download a free Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) app.  On my iphone, for example, I use the app, "BLE Scanner".  You should not see a BLE signal from your QC35ii when it is turned off.  I don't on mine.  If it was sending out a BLE signal when off (like the Revolve's do), then  other devices can turn it on when it is off.  You want to eliminate this as a possibility.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

Well I have scanned when the headphone is off and found nothing on the scanner and the other way round when it is on. 

Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@cannotkissanideaSo that eliminated BLE as the reason it turns on.  I wonder (though I have seen nothing convincing yet here) if some QC35ii switches are the same ones that were faulty on the QC35i's.  I remember almost two years ago when I exchanged my faulty QC35i for a QC35ii, there was a distinct different 'feel' for when I switched the unit on and off.  The QC35ii switch felt sturdier - like I needed to put a little extra pressure to push it.  The QC35i was much easier/looser to push.