William_1739
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Bose QC 35 ii audio stops on mac after a few minutes of use but remain connected to bluetooth

I have been having problems with my Bose QC 35 ii's disconnecting from my Macbook Pro for the past few weeks. They are updated to firmware 4.5.2 and my Mac is on MacOS catalina. 

Let me explain my issue in detail: my headphones don't have problems connecting to my mac, but after a few minutes of use, audio will stop coming out of the headphones. The headphones do not disconnect from my laptop--in the Bluetooth menu, the headphones are shown as still connected; however, the audio output is switched to the internal mac speakers. The bose remain as a potential audio output in the audio output settings, but when I click it, no sound comes out (and the volume icon shows up as "searching"). 

To fix this issue, I have to turn my headphones off, disconnect from bluetooth, then turn my headphones back on and reconnect them. I have tried resetting them as well, but this didn't fix the issue.

Any solution to this problem would be much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bose QC 35 ii audio stops on mac after a few minutes of use but remain connected to bluetooth

Hello William, 

Welcome to the community, I am sorry that your headphones appear to not be receiving audio whilst connected to your Mac. 

Do you experience this when using a specific platform? 

Has this issue also occurred since updating your Mac's software?

I would firstly recommend that you perform a reboot of your headphones and your Mac. This can be useful after performing a software update. Instruction on how to do reboot your headphones can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

Do let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M - Community Support 

William_1739
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Re: Bose QC 35 ii audio stops on mac after a few minutes of use but remain connected to bluetooth

Hi Tegan, 

This problem happens regardless of what program I am using. The was not an issue on MacOS Catalina until I updated my headphones to version 4.5.2.

I have tried rebooting my headphones more than once, and this hasn't fixed the problem.

Please help,

Will

William_1739
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 4, 2019

Bose QC 35 ii audio stops on mac after a few minutes of use but remain connected to bluetooth

I have been having problems with my Bose QC 35 ii's disconnecting from my Macbook Pro for the past few weeks. They are updated to firmware 4.5.2 and my Mac is on MacOS catalina. 

Let me explain my issue in detail: my headphones don't have problems connecting to my mac, but after a few minutes of use, audio will stop coming out of the headphones. The headphones do not disconnect from my laptop--in the Bluetooth menu, the headphones are shown as still connected; however, the audio output is switched to the internal mac speakers. The bose remain as a potential audio output in the audio output settings, but when I click it, no sound comes out (and the volume icon shows up as "searching"). 

To fix this issue, I have to turn my headphones off, disconnect from bluetooth, then turn my headphones back on and reconnect them. Note: when I turn off the headphones, they remain "connected" in the bluetooth menu; this is why I have to then disconnect them from bluetooth.

This problem happens regardless of what program I am using. I did not have this issue on MacOS Catalina until I updated my headphones to version 4.5.2.

I have tried rebooting my headphones more than once, and this hasn't fixed the problem.

Any solution to this problem would be much appreciated!

andrewm116
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2019

Having the same issue here. Understand if this is a Catalina issue, but please fix this if possible as its extremely annoying and unusable at the moment. 

Hello Andrewm116, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having issues with your QC35 II headphones and your MacBook. I would love to see if we can resolve this issue for you. 

Could you please try the following steps and let me know how you get on?

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Perform a product reset, to do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.
  3. Clear the pairing list of your headphones. You can do this by pressing the button in the Bluetooth position for 10 seconds until you hear 'Bluetooth device list clear'. 
  4. Clear the headphones pairing to your MacBook and then repair the headphones. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W