Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Bose QC 35 ii firmware 4.5.2

Could you please give info about what the new firmware is updating? Firmware 4.5.2. I noticed that the ANC is lower now when i updated it.

1,605 REPLIES 1,605

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

10/16 Update

Our Engineering and Service teams remain dedicated to getting to the bottom of what’s going on here. 

We are looking for users within a reasonable distance from our Bose offices in Massachusetts who are willing to let us visit their homes and test your QC35IIs. If you qualify, we may reach out to you via phone call to discuss further possibilities, including a potential home visit.

If you are interested in talking with us, please click the survey link below.

CLICK HERE

Thank you everyone for your continued posts and assistance as we continue to work through what is going on here. I will make sure to have more information for you soon.

Wayne M

Hello Arzo,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Could you please confirm which firmware version you have? 

If possible, any screenshots from the Bose Connect App would be helpful.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Aptbr
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I also noticed this new 4.5.2 update on the Bose Connect app and updated, I was also curious what changed with this update.

I just bought these headphones on Sunday and had updated to 4.3.6 later that day.

I attached a screen shot of the product info in the app.

36E97B9B-9FB1-4C48-9D5B-71864DDE0CC8.png

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Made an account to come and say the same thing- new update has severely lowered the quality of ANC, absolutely nowhere near where it was.

mario64
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 26, 2018

Charlotte, we’re asking for details on what changes new firmware 4.5.2 introduce. The version of firmware we’re currently using is irrelevant. Please post release notes for the new firmware. Thank you

tarund
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

Most likley the case -- Charlotte hasn't received any documentation from engineering about the new firmware update. They released it to general public without communicating to the front line troops about what changes were made. And based on the initial feedback from @Arzo and @Fulton1 regarding lower quality of ANC, I'm staying away from updating to this firmware until Bose provides updates and quite possibly another update.

Highlighted
Nooktropics
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi All, I created an account just to post that the 4.5.2 firmware update has totally destroyed the ANC on my pair of QC35 II too.

Very disappointed with Bose as I only purchased these headphones in April and they are basically useless to me now on my commute and in the noisy open office.

For those that are asking, I found the attached changelog for this update via the https://btu.bose.com/ site.

Please fix this issue or give us a way to roll back the firmware on our devices!

Bose 4.5.2 FW.PNG

Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi Charlotte.
Im using 4.5.2 on qc35 ii.
I also noticed that the ANC on high level is now the same as in LOW. I can not hear any difference when i toggle between them now. The same amount of sounds go through to my ears.
burner
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Mar 6, 2019

Took a leap of faith and did the update. As soon as I completed the update i reset the headphones and all seems to be working fine, ANC included. Will see how things turn up after some days of testing, hoping for the better.

Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Hi, how did you reset the headphones?
Best regards