Gnome96
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Hi Zoe,

I have also just made an account for the purpose of complaining about the new update.

I pushed the manual update via the instructions you listed above and I am still very unhappy.

The ANC is nowhere near as good as it was and that was the reason I bought this product because it was the feature that sets it apart from other similar devices.

Please tell me there is a way to roll back the update, or if Bose plans on fixing this issue which clearly many people are not satisfied with.

It’s a pity I had to experience the bad update before there was any warning of this and had to look online for this information because now it seems I cannot go back.

Regards
Gareth
jhic
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

And another victim. ANC (high and/or low) has severely detoriated in v4.5.2. Yes, I did the manual installation and subsequents resets. No difference at all. Please allow us to downgrade the firmware. This is not Bose's first malfunctioning firmware updates.

tarund
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 29, 2017

@Charlotte_G @Zoe_C

I upgraded yesterday using the latest version of BTU and reset my headphones 3 times including removing all connections using the Bose Connect app. I can confirm that the ANC quality has diminished.

I sit in a fairly active and loud environment in which I would hear very little to nothing with my headphones on the previous firmware (4.3.6). With the new firmware (4.5.2), I can now hear my colleague next to me, moving in his chair and hear myself typing this without any music playing through the headphones. This did not happen before.

It's fair to say that most Bose customers, especially of this product, would not complain if the issue did not exist. It does exist and we should be provided the option to downgrade firmware while Bose debugs the issue with the new firmware.

Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

And yet another post about the new firmware breaking the ANC in QC35 ii. How many do we have to post till you guys start looking into the matter. 

I'm really glad people are starting to create accounts just to mention the issue, hopefully Bose will start to care and fix the issue. Maybe just let us revert back to previous firmwares for now - not giving us that simple flexibility makes no sense. I get better support from Anker and their £17 wireless headphones...  

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

@Drafto wrote:

And yet another post about the new firmware breaking the ANC in QC35 ii. How many do we have to post till you guys start looking into the matter. 

I'm really glad people are starting to create accounts just to mention the issue, hopefully Bose will start to care and fix the issue. Maybe just let us revert back to previous firmwares for now - not giving us that simple flexibility makes no sense. I get better support from Anker and their £17 wireless headphones...  

Ankers' customer service is no joke- one of the best CS experiences ive ever had!

Yesterday, I was quoted £249 to replace my headphones because i asked if it was possible to get my hinge fixed (It wont click all the way in)

£249... They are £290 NEW!

I realised yesterday that for such a high price tag and premium product that thats all you get- the product, any support you need afterwards is slow and just downright disgraceful.

£249 to fix this:

Screenshot_20190620-142658.jpg

Edit : @Zoe_C  @Charlotte_G- Could you please try and justify another rep trying to charge me this much for just a tiny little fault?

williammuff
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 19, 2019

I think i'm going to send mine back to Amazon. It's so frustrating to find out that you used to have the ability to revert and that was removed (more work for Bose). 

Highlighted
Nikki2019
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Agree with all.

Bose, plz fix the problem or give us a possibility to downgrade firmware!

PPM-Droid
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Same issue here. ANC to low. Reset done. 

Any support? 

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I expect that the next time we hear from customer service, it'll be with a fix (wether it be another update or a downgrade option until its sorted).

The thing thats annoyed me most is that Bose know there is a fatal critical flaw with this software, but it hasn't stopped another customer service rep ( @Anne_S  ) put a post on the forums advertising the firmware update when surely the smart thing to do would be to pull the software down until its sorted?

rbbgordon
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

I updated mine a short while ago and I can tell the difference between low and high when no music is playing.  It's harder to to distinguish when music is playing but I'm in a quiet office.