Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Fulton1 wrote:

I expect that the next time we hear from customer service, it'll be with a fix (wether it be another update or a downgrade option until its sorted).

The thing thats annoyed me most is that Bose know there is a fatal critical flaw with this software, but it hasn't stopped another customer service rep ( @Anne_S  ) put a post on the forums advertising the firmware update when surely the smart thing to do would be to pull the software down until its sorted?

I just saw this, and yes, they've definitely been ignoring us - seems my wallet will do the same with every other Bose product. 

Also wished ol' Anne there would post more than two lines about the update - what is the point of that post if she's not going to list the changes made? 

Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

I just can't tell the difference, I might hear a louder hiss on high but noise cancelling is the same (poor). On the old firmware, I used to just have the ANC on without any music playing and just relax in the quietness - now I can hear Ted at the watercooler 10 meters away picking his teeth. Lovely. 

Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

@Drafto wrote:

@Fulton1 wrote:

I expect that the next time we hear from customer service, it'll be with a fix (wether it be another update or a downgrade option until its sorted).

The thing thats annoyed me most is that Bose know there is a fatal critical flaw with this software, but it hasn't stopped another customer service rep ( @Anne_S  ) put a post on the forums advertising the firmware update when surely the smart thing to do would be to pull the software down until its sorted?

I just saw this, and yes, they've definitely been ignoring us - seems my wallet will do the same with every other Bose product. 

Also wished ol' Anne there would post more than two lines about the update - what is the point of that post if she's not going to list the changes made? 

There is no doubt in my mind that they are going to fix this and fast- because the fact is, if ignored this would be a absolutely massive PR disaster- nerfing the power of the latest gen models to make way for the new generation just sounds like something that Bose wouldn't do- I hope at least.

I also understand that the firmware update post was probably on the admins' list of things they had to do today so I cant possibly fault Anne for posting it, i just believe that whoever gave the go ahead for that to be posted should have took into consideration just how much of a terrible update (and in terms of quality downgrade) this is and how many people it has already affected- its now going to affect more because they are advertising it on the forums.

MurderWizard
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Hey there, Bose. I just updated my firmware and *immediately* noted a dramatc dip in ANC.

So I come here and see I'm not alone. I started an account expressly to ask for a fix ASAP.

Thanks.

tkeesling
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Hey @Charlotte_G,

Came here like everyone else. I updated via the Bose Connect App (v 8.1.1) but then checked the firmware version using the Bose Updater. It said it was firmware 3.0.x and so I went ahead with the update process on the Bose Updater. Shortly thereafter, the updater failed and now my headphones have been bricked. 

raujDexter
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Hi @Zoe_C 

I am also in same boat like everyone else. Tried all steps but still same poor ANC.

Bought these cans just couple of weeks back.

Please help.

Thanks.

PPM-Droid
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Can anybody explain me, why Bose block downgrading?

And after fixing the issue, how can I block updating? 

mseals1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I made an account about a month ago when I bought these headphones. Right when I updated to v4.3.6, the ANC became horrible. I could hear myself typing, people talking down the hall, people walking down the hall 10-15 feet from me, literally everything. It's like I have very thin earplugs in, blocking maybe 40% of the noise.

Now, with this update, it's gotten even worse. I'm highly disappointed in these headphones. It's honestly very sad to pay $300 for these headphones, and they are barely better than my $75 headphones I bought 3 years ago.

jimjohn08
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Yes even i have the same problem after the update,
I feel the treble is increased and distortion and clipping in YouTube videos
Highlighted
4_low
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

I will add my opinion on this subject.

I work in an area with white noise generators and previous to the firmware update I couldn't hear any white noise with ANC on High. After the update, I can now hear the white noise with ANC on high.

So basically firmware update=Fail.

Not a good way to motivate folks to buy future bose products.

FYI, I currently have a pair of QC20 wired headphones also, so a large investment in Bose products.