Fulton1
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Just received a message asking for my details so they can look into it.

Its a real shame knowing that they are only now just starting to take this seriously and look into it, no offer of a downgrade in firmware or temporary fix to be seen- more of a 'just wait patiently for a fix' and who knows how long this will be.

For the money that we all spend on these headphones, the money that Bose makes from us collectively I think that these firmware updates should be rigorously tested before they even dream of releasing it to the public- due to a bad update, we are all stuck in limbo.

I really feel bad for the people that use the ANC for work or commuting as the updated ANC really is abominable.

I have been given no ETA for the fix.

While im at it- i cant possibly understand why they would need my home address, I really did not feel safe giving it out on a forum site, especially when it is not at all relevant to this issue.

Still not heard from a CS rep to address my issue for seeking £249 to fix a hinge that wont click in.

@Zoe_C  @Charlotte_G 

mcasey6747
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Chiming in to say there are definitly issues with 4.5.2. 

Please just let us downgrade (preferably through the app) so we don't have to go to a computer to do it.

Thank you.

paubach
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Bose will be releasing their model 700 soon.

I hope this isn't a trick to say the new model has better ANC.

BTW, I'm affected too.
Vin Dante
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Going on the bose web updater ( https://btu.bose.com ) it tells me that I'm running v2.0.1 (I've updated the firmware several times since purchase) when the ios app tells me I'm using 4.5.2 - so clearly there's an issue. And yes ANC is now very weak compared to before - I get bothered by background sounds I would never even hear and there is little difference between the LOW and HIGH ANC setting. 

Also, I've noticed that the update, which I did via the IOS app after being notified of a firmware update, was very fast this time - it usually takes AGES but this update took only about a minute. 

screenshots below : 

Capture.JPG

Capture5.JPG

kein
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Also registered to +1, same issue after upgrade.

I advise everyone to also post on social media about this issue - Facebook/Twitter will give this more traction.

Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

https://youtu.be/q8qMYKNutb4

Write a comment on this video. Tell him to make a video about this and too test the difference...
2000joe
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

I recently bought my bose 35 ii and was more than satisfied with perfomace and like everyone on here have noticed a big decrease in anc quality having been a loyal bose customer for a number of years i am very disappointed and hope to hear from you soon with regards to a solution
Highlighted
M4khuffash
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

I’m having the same problem with this update. Please release a newer update to fix this problem.
JackBlack
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Plz do something with the problem!

M4khuffash
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Update 4.5.2 QC35 II - ANC problem

This update completely destroyed ANC, there is no difference between high and low now. Fix this Bose !!! People have been talking about this for a while now. Its time to release an update to fix this issue.
Best regards