Highlighted
Tadas
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Came here to say the same thing than others before me.
I bought my QC 35 II one month ago for work as my workplace is incredibly loud and the same goes for my commute.
They were working perfectly well, make commute and working much more easier and comfy. Truly wonderful.

And the update came. And that's a disaster.

Now the High setting is doing almost nothing and is barely different than the Low setting, both are pretty much useless by now.
The ANC is no longer near as good as it was, it just let every sound pass through, just a bit diminished.
My 20$ earbuds are doing better than this 300$ headset.

If it's really your marketing strategy and thus doesn't get fixed, don't even think I'll buy the new model because you sabotaged the "old" one. You betrayed everyone who bought this product.
And I have no doubt you will do this to the 700 when a new model will be released.

Got some coworkers and friends who were interested for thoses Bose ANC Headsets.
I'll warn them and strongly recommend not to buy any Bose product so they don't make the same mistake than me.
Bosebarn
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Pretty much just here to say I've got the same issue. 

After the update I put on my headphones and thought something was off with the ANC. Some google searching brought me here.

I got these to get away from the noise in the office, but they're not doing what they were before the update. 

Updated through the app, headphones made Oct 2018 if that makes any difference.

M4khuffash
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

We really got to do something about this! We’re all having the same issue caused by Bose !! This is insanity
Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I got a private message from Bose with a couple of questions about this problem. They are probably trying to fix this for us.
So just be patient and hopefully the fix will be here soon.
VladaBG
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

After update, I've got same problem with ANC.

Bose, fix it ASAP!!!

Icarus33
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Same issue as well. Firmware was updated to 4.5.2 today.

Can confirm the same behaviour that others are describing with ANC. Difference between low and high is almost not noticeable thus making ANC completely ineffective.

This only a couple of weeks after my Soundbar 500 rear right speaker started crackling when playing Dolby Digital content due to a botched firmware update. At least that was fixed reasonably quickly with a new update.

At Bose's price point these kind of issues are unacceptable! Rather provide less frequent updates, but make sure those that are provided are tested and rock solid!

Hello Community,

Thank you very much to everyone who has raised a concern in regards to their QC35 II headphones following the latest update. 

We appreciate your feedback and are taking your concerns seriously regarding this, we are currently gathering information to send forward to our development team for observation. 

We thoroughly appreciate your patience and co-operation at this time. 

When we have further updates we will be sure to inform the community.

Many thanks,

Tegan M 

Chris911
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

I'm another user with this issue.

Used to be in love with my QC35ii but since the update I'm disliking it.
It's necessary work equipment for me and if it doesn't get fixed I will be switching to Sony WH-1000XM3 in the next month.

Hope Bose get it right.

paubach
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Thanks Tegan.

I've read many times this happening with upgrades that aren't related to ANC and that you test all the firmwares. Is it possible that problem is in the upgrader itself instead of the firmware? Could the upgrader lower the "mirror sound" of our headsets?

I've read also that this could be something subjective. 

In my case, I work from home. Before the upgrade I couldn't hear my wife calling me in the corridor. Neither the shower, or the bath flush. Now I can listen all this or my wife in the kitchen chopping food (and it is the most farther point in the house).

I started thinking that's a trick to justify Bose 700, or just that your hardware can't produce this level of ANC for long without having problems, so you dimm it after some time. This way, when we compare with other on the shop we chose yours, and then you modify this to increase lifespan.

Drafto
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

It does seem a bit coincedental that the ANC degradation of the qc35's is happening at the same time as the new 700's release.

Maybe they'll fix the noise cancelling for us once they got enough sales on these new headphones - although they better get this sorted quick because it looks like they're losing a fair amount of customers, mine are useless at the moment and will prob get the mx3's by the time they fix this (if they do at all).

I also noticed today that all the demo QC35s in the shop have the old firmware since the ANC was excellent - the John Lewis guy told me to stay away from them and get the Sony as he's been burned by Bose too.

Not looking good Bose.