Markymarkmarkmark
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

Thanks so much Arzo for posting on this topic. I was updating my headphones from 4.3.6. this weekend and went looking to see what the 4.5.2 update included while I waited for the firmware to copy over from my phone to the headphones. It was about 75% copied to the headphones when after reading this I stopped the update.

I work for Deutsche Telekom and I know and see loads of people walking around the campusses with the Bose headphones (especially noticeable are the silver ones, like mine). I have made a post to the DT social media system (You and Me) flagging this issue to warn colleagues that they should not upgrade from 4.3.6 yet.

Cisco
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

The feeling, after this update, is that certain frequencies, I would say that medium or high (dog barking, battery, talking, typing a keyboard) is not that sound louder, is that, as other frequencies do not listen (very high frequencies, such as a PC fan, for example, fog noise ...) it seems that these sounds are amplified (dog barks, for example), because practically, you only hear these, not other sounds. Before, these sounds were attenuated enough. Not now. In case it helps them.

Highlighted
m1sterd
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jun 5, 2018

I still don't think it has anything to do with this specific firmware version, I have been complaining (with complete lack of acknoledgement from BOSE) since I think September 2018 about the very much reduced ANC after upgrading (this is from memory but I have posted in these forums on a similar topic) something like upgrading from firmware 2.x.x to 3.1.8 and that the ANC was greatly reduced, many other people have also had this happen to them, likewise a few poeple have said they were unaffected be the update, then with each firmware update since then more people have contributed saying they are now seeing a reduced ANC. So it seems hit or miss regarding if it effects users who have headphones where the ANC is good before a given firmware upgrade, maybe the issue depends on how they did the upgrade (iOS/Android app or Mac/PC), if they used the original USB cable etc. but the common thing is that it seems to eventually effect more and more people. It looks like only now becuase a review by a large respectible company has revealed a reduce amount of ANC with recent updates will BOSE actually look into it, it seems that customers saying there is an issue isn't good enough any more.

Pawcio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

In my QC35II with the AE series after the last update, I also noticed a much lower ANC performance in the high frequency range. Bose please, fix it. Not long ago I seriously considered the purchase of NCH700 but now I get the impression that Bose deliberately outdors products wanting to force users to sell a new product which strongly verifies my approach to the new headphones of this company. It would be a shame that after many years with Bose (currently I have QC25, QC35 and QC35II) go to Sony. Sorry for my English, I'm from Poland.

Cisco
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Exactly. I think the same.I remember the first time I put them on, that feeling of pressure, I had to remove them to believe it.I almost got scared. Hahaha! But there was an update last year that made the ANC worse. This latest update has been the auction.

Pawcio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Bose restore the ability to downgrade the firmware as it was before 2018.

Cisco
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Is it a statement or an order?

Pawcio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 10, 2017

Requesting.
bazzerb123
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 23, 2019

Mine are the same after the update, during vacuuming I may as well not be wearing them. Unless this is resolved I am never buying Bose again
Arzo
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I keep checking this site for a fix every day, every time someone writes but still nothing...only more and more unhappy customers...and when i see on other threades that bose didnt do anything last time they lowered the ANC with their updates I feel cheated and I have a feeling that they wont fix this for us..