Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhyAreWeStillHere
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

I have AE Bose QC35 II manufactured July 2017 and I upgraded to 4.5.2 yesterday and noticed I had different release notes from you all, and they stated

• Improvements to Music Share
  • General improvements and bug fixes

Oddly, I had to update twice - once through Bose Connect, once through computer. 4.3.6 crashed my Bose Headphones and when they offered to replace it after a very lengthy conversation, they quoted price of $259 with "free shipping". Unbelievable.

Jessie_O

Hi WhyAreWeStillHere, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Customer Service. I would recommend reaching out to them again. What do you mean by Crashed your headphones?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Heptite
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

@WhyAreWeStillHere  I had the same experience; it tried to update and almost immediately errored out. My headphones wouldn't do anything after that and I was afraid that my <1 year old headphones just became expensive bits of plastic. I was relieved to find that they could be forcibly (re-)updated via USB, which brought mine back to life, albeit with the poorer noise reduction others are complaining about.

oscarortiz83
Participant
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

Just upgraded and the ANC on the device is basically not working now. Can now hear people on the train whereas before the upgrade could not hear anyone. Surely there should be a way to rollback

GIsvt
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

1st Post: Updated firmware to 4.5.2...noticed sound quality and ANC is horrible. Listening to Pandora and sound volume is fluxuating louder and softer. Feel like I'm listening to old Napster downloads recorded from a casset tape up against a radio station. **bleep**. Search the web and sure enough lots of complaints here.

Seems like when music is playing, ANC is very low, but when song ends...ANC goes HI and all is quiet. Yup, next song and sound is fluxing quieter.

Just found my reciept, bought Aug18. Will warrenty cover replacement or fix?

GIsvt
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Shut the front door! You can't even post Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! I can hear myself typing this post with ANC on hi.

BBB...yup can hear myself typing that.

kimhill
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

The 4.5.2 update went quickly & smoothly for me.

Noise cancellation was fine afterward. Actually, it seemed better, but that was probably just subjective- hearing the NC kick back in, after the headphones restarted.

High vs. low NC settings are audibly very different, just as they were before the update.

So- 100% ok so far. I just hope the useless, repeated "disconnect/connect" voice prompts go away.
AndyEc
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

I have carried my QC 35 ii with the updated firmware during the last few days for my commute. I was enjoying to hang the extract gear on my backpack since it can help reduce a good amount of the noise when I want to take a nap after work, without suffering the noise of the trains' engine and AC. With such reduce for the high ANC, I can now hear the humming noise when I play some light music on the train. I am so surprised when I saw people posted to say they don't care if the ANC has been reduced on this headphone, it is like you bought a watch and you don't care if the time is accurate or not. "World class noise cancelling" is what has been branded for this one and for advertising. This is clearly an update defect which we should fight for. I am not going to trash this headphone since I paid a good amount of money for it. I am not going to replace this one since the same issue will occur eventually if not fix or update policy change. I am not going to switch to Sony since I still like Bose's gears. I was planning to carry my QC35 for my summer flight trip, if it cannot even handle the train noise, it would be horrible for the flight. I am so disappointed that there is no official guidance from Bose Support of how to handle this defect, if our voice never be heared, then what is the point of the community? Please fix this, or at least show us how to downgrade this to previous version (4.3.6) for now. I will keep following on this thread if not one delete it.

remiorange
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Answer from Bose service Twitter today.this is getting ridiculous.

Hi Remi,

As mentioned, this has been referred to our escalation team for support. There have been a small number of users who have exhibited this issue, but this is being investigated.

There is no news at this time but will update via the above thread as soon as we have any news.

Jeff
Drafto
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

@remiorange wrote:
Answer from Bose service Twitter today.this is getting ridiculous.

Hi Remi,

As mentioned, this has been referred to our escalation team for support. There have been a small number of users who have exhibited this issue, but this is being investigated.

There is no news at this time but will update via the above thread as soon as we have any news.

Jeff

It is getting ridiculous - that small number of users is only going to rise. I have a feeling they're going to fix it a week after the 700's are out, mark your calendars!