Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

boseyboii
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

For what it's worth, I was also lucky enough to find out about this firmware "upgrade" before the return policy window closed. I decided to pick up a pair of the sony xm3s and they've been great.

star182
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

i have the same issue
Arzo
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

I hope you fix this issue fast or atleast let us downgrade the firmware Bose. Even though you think its a small group that are affected. But that is not the case this time, many people dont bother them self to get in here, they just return the headphones. We that want to keep the headphones and we that think that Bose makes great products, we are the ones who come in here.
aeneal31
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

That's a thought. I was debating between those Sony's and the Bose. I went with the Bose because of the ability to switch between two devices and the ANC. The reviews said that Sony's sounded better, but there are issues with the hinges and headbands breaking on those. The QC 35 II's will be boxed up to ship back. This was a short-lived experience with Bose. Back to the drawing board on finding some quality headphones.  

Brewster
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Will be the last Bose equipment I buy. The continuing downgrade in ANC and then lack of rectifying it in any way is just not good enough for something costing £300.
Naanite
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

for me the sound quality is better, the bass is better and "almost" fixed the cracking or clicking noise on full volume but the ANC is **bleep** now

Kiefer
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I'm in the same situation. ANC is now effectively useless. ANC on high setting has almost no improvement over ANC off. I can hear soft voices from a room down a hall at almost the same volume as with the headphones removed from my head, which was not the case previously.

Regarding other options, I had a pair of Sony MDR-1000X. The noice cancelling was as good or better than Bose QC35 ii before this firmware update. Certainly they would be better now that ANC has been made essentaially useless. They suffered from headband cracking but apparently this is not such a problem with the newer WH1000XM3 which I think I'll be looking into given both the bluetooth pairing to windows and now ANC problems with the Bose QC35 ii.

Ken Compton
Participant
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I just updated mine to 4.5.2 and lost the ANC, iOS app said i was running 4.5.2, checked it with the web updater, and it said 2.0.1 so i went ahead and did the update on the web updater, and the ANC returned to normal. it seems like its an issue with the iOS and Android updates failing and the headphones defaulting back to some other version. like a default version. 

Anyway that worked for me. What would be nice is a MAX ANC mode, with it on MAX mode I do not want to hear anything from outside.

Oh and one other gripe, Wind noise, Why do the headphones let me hear windnoise? I work in an envrioment where there is a lot of air moving all the time. with the headphones off, its quieter.  Noise canceling, right.

anonymousantelope
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

I also have this problem.

Jeff from twitter should realise that saying the issue only affects a 'small number of users' sounds overly defensive, and if they truely believe this, it doesn't inspire confidence they are giving the issue any priority.

There will be many more people who can't be bothered to register, or haven't found this forum post.

The update should be pulled while the development team investigate.

The management there need to ask themselves why they bother releasing firmware updates - do they actually want users to install them? Because anyone suffering this issue is going to be severely dissuaded from doing so in the future.