Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anonymousantelope
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Re: Firmware 4.5.2 QC35 ii

@Community_Admin

I hope there will be an internal post mortem after this issue is resolved, and the comments on this forum taken into consideration.

Communication, swift action and the ability to downgrade keep coming up.

In the interests of improving customer relations and restoring some confidence there should be a public statement with lessons learned.

PPM-Droid
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 20, 2019

Bose please provide frequence measurements with earliest firmware, 4.3.2 and 4.5.2

How good works ANC (dB) via frequency from 50 to 15kHz?

Wyspr
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 26, 2019

Same issue with mine. The difference between "Low" and "High" noise cancellation is almost indistinguishable. On "High", at work I can still hear people talking, keyboard typing, door slamming, although a bit muffled, and I'm not working in the ludest environment by a long shot. At home I can perfectly hear the voices on TV (TV sound level set to 10/100).

Screenshot_20190626-133113_Bose Connect.jpg

dashskullsasq
Enthusiast
Registered since

May 3, 2018

Just to say that I came here just when I saw the firmware update notification, checked the comments and immediately deleted the bose connect app from the cellphone to avoid the update. 

Bose, shame on you for making this tio your customers. I have a bose soundlink revolve and also have issues with firmware update. Now I know that when you release a new version of firmware, it has a high chance of being a piece of crap.

aeneal31
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

@boseyboii wrote:

For what it's worth, I was also lucky enough to find out about this firmware "upgrade" before the return policy window closed. I decided to pick up a pair of the sony xm3s and they've been great.

I feel torn between sending these Bose QC35II's back and going with the Sony XM3's. After reading more reviews, it seems that not only are there potential problems with the headband and hinges, the call quality is horrible. Being able to use my headphones to make calls is one of the primary uses I will need. I connect to my laptop and use my Cisco Communicator software to make calls. It seems that the QC35II's work fairly well with the call quality, although I noticed that the connection can appear to get lost if I get an email notification or meeting reminder while on a call. It's like choosing between the lesser of two evils and it seems that the XM3's has more issues. I'm hoping that Bose comes out with a firmware fix soon. Or maybe the firmware fix will actually break something else.  I still have some time before I have to return them. What to do....what to do?

Sategi
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

Unfortunatelly i updated to 4.5.2 QC35 ii and i almost completelly lost ANC function.

I hear almost all sounds around now, definitelly regret purchase if the fix will be not released soon.

I did "reset" as has been advised, but it didnt help....

I like Bose as a brand, their speakers are one of my favourite but these ANC headphones with recent update destrying good company name.

Bose, please, fix the ANC issue or at least provide option to rollback headphone firmware to orginal firmware.

Thanks !

pemerick07
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 21, 2019

@aeneal31 I hate to advocate for a Bose product after this issue but, the new QC700 are apparently designed for better call quality because the use ANC on the microphones. Up until this update I was strongly considering getting the QC700 because I make a lot of calls too but, after this update issue I'm not sure.

It's frustrating when a company like Bose makes very good products but, has terrible customer support and transparency when customers start experiencing issues. It would go a long way if there were problems and instead of going silent, Bose addressed it head on because it would give us confidence that even though they may have made mistakes, they will try to correct them.

aeneal31
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 25, 2019

@pemerick07 wrote:

@aeneal31 I hate to advocate for a Bose product after this issue but, the new QC700 are apparently designed for better call quality because the use ANC on the microphones. Up until this update I was strongly considering getting the QC700 because I make a lot of calls too but, after this update issue I'm not sure.

It's frustrating when a company like Bose makes very good products but, has terrible customer support and transparency when customers start experiencing issues. It would go a long way if there were problems and instead of going silent, Bose addressed it head on because it would give us confidence that even though they may have made mistakes, they will try to correct them.

Yeah, I was looking at the QC700's. They look really nice. The price point is a little higher than I wanted to spend. Not sure if this firmware fiasco was designed to sway people into buying the new and improved 700s. They don't release until in a week or so and I'm not sure if I want to be in the first set of Guinea pigs that have to deal with the nuances of the initial release.  Maybe after the bugs are straightened out, I may consider.

Drafto
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

@aeneal31 wrote:

Yeah, I was looking at the QC700's. They look really nice. The price point is a little higher than I wanted to spend. Not sure if this firmware fiasco was designed to sway people into buying the new and improved 700s. They don't release until in a week or so and I'm not sure if I want to be in the first set of Guinea pigs that have to deal with the nuances of the initial release.  Maybe after the bugs are straightened out, I may consider.

Sure they look nice, probably are really nice - but if something goes wrong (like firmware breaking the anc etc) Do you really want to go through all this lack of support? I certainly don't.

Arzo
Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2019

BOSE? Whats wrong?? Give us a downgrade option until you sort it out??? How hard can it be?? What is taking so long?? Why you make us wait??? You will not force us to buy the new 700 by letting us wait like this.....